Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Need help choosing airport hotel at ATL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help choosing airport hotel at ATL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jwhuffman
yes, the Kimpton has shuttle to both domestic and International.
Since when do hotel shuttles get to goto to international? They only go to domestic end for as long as I've known.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Complimentary Hotel Shuttle Service: (all times are Eastern Time Zone)Complimentary Shuttle Service is available to and from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Due to construction taking place at the airport, please inquire with airport staff as to the appropriate location of hotel shuttles. Shuttles are available from 4:00 AM – 12:30 AM. Should you need the shuttle from the International Terminal or between, 1:00-4:30 AM, please contact the hotel
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Complimentary Hotel Shuttle Service: (all times are Eastern Time Zone)Complimentary Shuttle Service is available to and from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Due to construction taking place at the airport, please inquire with airport staff as to the appropriate location of hotel shuttles. Shuttles are available from 4:00 AM – 12:30 AM. Should you need the shuttle from the International Terminal or between, 1:00-4:30 AM, please contact the hotel
I'm curious if upon calling, they're going to tell you to take the airport bus from international to domestic.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
They pick you up at the International Terminal at designated door, I called and asked out of curiosity...lol Was told something like door A43 or something like that.
exwannabe likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

They pick you up at the International Terminal at designated door, I called and asked out of curiosity...lol Was told something like door A43 or something like that.
+1 to the hotel then. I've been told by every other hotel they get fined if they drive over to international terminal .
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When the international terminal at ATL first opened, there was a sign indicating a pickup spot for hotel shuttle buses that listed only a couple hotels. I tried to use it at that time (as I had a reservation in one of the places and thought it would be easier and faster than taking the shuttle to the main place) and after waiting for a while, I was told that the sign was a mistake as there weren't any hotel shuttles at F. IIRC the sign was to the right as one exited the terminal on the main (departures) ground level and was close to the airport shuttle sign but definitely a different stop.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:26 pm

PLS does not have preclearance. You must go thru immigration in Atlanta. BTW, on the way back there is a large upstairs airside section at PLS with a outdoor deck with a outside bar with a great view of take offs and landings. Enjoy the trip, Turks and Caicos is amazing. One tip, on the way down, buy a bottle of your favorite booze at the duty free shop. You can even buy online and they'll bring it to the plane. Prices are crazy down there!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pfreet
PLS does not have preclearance. You must go thru immigration in Atlanta. BTW, on the way back there is a large upstairs airside section at PLS with a outdoor deck with a outside bar with a great view of take offs and landings. Enjoy the trip, Turks and Caicos is amazing. One tip, on the way down, buy a bottle of your favorite booze at the duty free shop. You can even buy online and they'll bring it to the plane. Prices are crazy down there!
Unlike some other USA airports where the deadline is 24-48 hours, note that orders for duty free at ATL seem to require seven day advance notice and AFAICT are prepaid and can't easily be cancelled (or just not picked up) for a credit.

Plan ahead......or just buy whatever the particular location has in stock on your travel day.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles, AA Advantage, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Well, since I was hoping for some Marriott points, I may just book the Renaissance. It seems to be more of a sure thing since no one can really say if the Kimpton will deliver or not. Maybe I'll call myself and see if I can get any more information.

As far as Turks and Caicos, I been a couple of times and yes, nice bar at the airport. And you are correct about the food prices - outrageous. Last trip we brought lots of snacks in our luggage and packed a huge cooler full of perishables. We had a free extra checked bag but had to pay a bit for the excessive weight. But split between 9 of us, it wasn't much. I think a couple of friends may have purchased liquor at duty free, but the wine prices were not any cheaper than buying in T&C so we passed and picked it up on island.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Agree on Kimpton Overland Hotel- Stayed there when it first opened- Very very nice for a hotel so close to the airport. Some of the rooms offer a great view of the Porsche Test Track as well as inbound aircraft landing. It’s close to the international terminal as a bonus.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:05 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Or if you are so concerned about the hotel shuttle, take a $5-10 Uber/Lyft to the hotel and don't wait.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I did a pre-flight stay at the Hotel Indigo. It's located a 5 min. walk from the the first MARTA stop north of the airport, and a block from Main St. of College Park with restaurants and bars. They also have a shuttle service. I'd definitely do it again.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
I've stayed at the Kimpton and would highly recommend. Shuttle was quick and the hotel is in a cool location. Great views on higher floors of the airport and the test track.

I've also done the Doubletree Atlanta Airport which was also a great stay - they've updated the rooms and is a good choice if you're looking for Hilton points.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
I'm a big fan of just taking the MARTA to Peachtree Center for an overnight stay when needed. Real restaurants and after dinner cigar at Red Phone Booth (ask the Westin or Ritz Carlton concierge for the passcode)
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:15 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I recently needed a overnight hotel at ATL (flight diverted) and quickly booked the Hilton (was over $300!!) which was old and not particularly nice. Free shuttle. Was fine since I'm a Hilton Diamond and it was eventually reimbursed by Delta for the mechanical issue and they weren't ready to provide vouchers when we landed.

I hope you'll find something nicer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.