Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Not on Upgrade List until Activated by Gate Agent?

Old Nov 18, 19, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond

I checked into my flight online this morning about 10 to 12 hours in advance. I'm not on the upgrade list, and instead, it's showing this message when I check the list:

Your name will not appear on the Standby list until
you are activated by the gate agent

I've never had this happen before, and I've checked in much later than 10 to 12 hours in advance in the past. Is this a new procedure of some kind?
Old Nov 18, 19, 10:41 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition.
Is this a basic economy ticket?
Old Nov 18, 19, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLdweeb View Post
Is this a basic economy ticket?
No. It's a regular coach fare and I already received an upgrade to economy comfort at booking due to my status.
Old Nov 18, 19, 11:02 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by GatorBlues View Post
No. It's a regular coach fare and I already received an upgrade to economy comfort at booking due to my status.
Do you have a seat assignment in C+? Also were looking at the list on the full desktop site? Iíve found that list to be glitchy sometimes so I always use the app to look at the UG list.
Old Nov 18, 19, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer View Post
Do you have a seat assignment in C+? Also were looking at the list on the full desktop site? Iíve found that list to be glitchy sometimes so I always use the app to look at the UG list.
How and where can one see the upgrade list on the full laptop DL website? I've never noticed it there, but I haven't looked recently.
Old Nov 18, 19, 11:08 am

Programs: DL Medallion
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
How and where can one see the upgrade list on the full laptop DL website? I've never noticed it there, but I haven't looked recently.
Once checked in to an itinerary, if you load it up you'll see the upgrade list option in the upper-right hand corner of the flight info.
Old Nov 18, 19, 11:10 am
Original Poster

It's showing the same on both the app and the desktop version of the upgrade list. And I have had my comfort plus seat assignments since booking the trip a couple months ago.
Old Nov 18, 19, 11:13 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
It's showing the same on both the app and the desktop version of the upgrade list. And I have had my comfort plus seat assignments since booking the trip a couple months ago.
Try going through the online check in process again. Just try to check in for the flight again.
langbr01 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Is this an AF/KL ticket?
Old Nov 18, 19, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

It was a DL ticket.

I called the Diamond line and the agent checked me out and back in again. It didnít fix the problem, nor did she know what the problem was. By then, there were zero seats open in first, so I told her not to waste any more time on it. Hopefully it wonít happen again on the return flight.
Old Nov 18, 19, 8:02 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It was a DL ticket.

I called the Diamond line and the agent checked me out and back in again. It didnít fix the problem, nor did she know what the problem was. By then, there were zero seats open in first, so I told her not to waste any more time on it. Hopefully it wonít happen again on the return flight.
I don't think you should give up so easily. If you were entitled to an upgrade, you should have received it.
Old Nov 18, 19, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
I get this message constantly. I'm Platinum, Million Miler, and when I check in, I'm told that my upgrade request can only be activated by the gate agent at my connecting airport. I then call the Plat line, and they say, oh yeah , they see me on the upgrade list.

This is a spook thing. Unnerving. It sucks.
Old Nov 18, 19, 9:25 pm

I get this message quite often. Always resolves itself within an hour or two.
Old Nov 19, 19, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
If you're using a upgrade cert then this can indicate that it wasn't coded properly also.

Usually I only see this message if its because I try to view the upgrade list before being checked in.
Old Nov 20, 19, 9:41 am

I just had an upgrade to D1 not clear properly despite about eight OY seats being available on the flight (which has been consistently Z9 since the day I purchased the ticket and requested the upgrade). This is a mileage upgrade reward and it seems to have definitely been done properly, but at about T-36 or so, I suspect I was dropped from the upgrade waitlist.

The DM agent is reporting the problem.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: