FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Not on Upgrade List until Activated by Gate Agent? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1995969-not-upgrade-list-until-activated-gate-agent.html)

GatorBlues Nov 18, 2019 9:33 am

Not on Upgrade List until Activated by Gate Agent?

I checked into my flight online this morning about 10 to 12 hours in advance. I'm not on the upgrade list, and instead, it's showing this message when I check the list:

Your name will not appear on the Standby list until
you are activated by the gate agent

I've never had this happen before, and I've checked in much later than 10 to 12 hours in advance in the past. Is this a new procedure of some kind?

DLdweeb Nov 18, 2019 9:41 am

Is this a basic economy ticket?

GatorBlues Nov 18, 2019 9:57 am

Originally Posted by DLdweeb (Post 31750013)
Is this a basic economy ticket?

No. It's a regular coach fare and I already received an upgrade to economy comfort at booking due to my status.

MCO Flyer Nov 18, 2019 10:02 am

Originally Posted by GatorBlues (Post 31750093)
No. It's a regular coach fare and I already received an upgrade to economy comfort at booking due to my status.

Do you have a seat assignment in C+? Also were looking at the list on the full desktop site? I’ve found that list to be glitchy sometimes so I always use the app to look at the UG list.

MSPeconomist Nov 18, 2019 10:06 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer (Post 31750120)
Do you have a seat assignment in C+? Also were looking at the list on the full desktop site? I’ve found that list to be glitchy sometimes so I always use the app to look at the UG list.

How and where can one see the upgrade list on the full laptop DL website? I've never noticed it there, but I haven't looked recently.

dcadwell Nov 18, 2019 10:08 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31750134)
How and where can one see the upgrade list on the full laptop DL website? I've never noticed it there, but I haven't looked recently.

Once checked in to an itinerary, if you load it up you'll see the upgrade list option in the upper-right hand corner of the flight info.

GatorBlues Nov 18, 2019 10:10 am

It's showing the same on both the app and the desktop version of the upgrade list. And I have had my comfort plus seat assignments since booking the trip a couple months ago.

mnbp Nov 18, 2019 10:13 am

Originally Posted by GatorBlues (Post 31750155)
It's showing the same on both the app and the desktop version of the upgrade list. And I have had my comfort plus seat assignments since booking the trip a couple months ago.

Try going through the online check in process again. Just try to check in for the flight again.

BER Flyer Nov 18, 2019 11:43 am

Is this an AF/KL ticket?

GatorBlues Nov 18, 2019 7:00 pm

It was a DL ticket.

I called the Diamond line and the agent checked me out and back in again. It didn’t fix the problem, nor did she know what the problem was. By then, there were zero seats open in first, so I told her not to waste any more time on it. Hopefully it won’t happen again on the return flight.

MSPeconomist Nov 18, 2019 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by GatorBlues (Post 31752200)
It was a DL ticket.

I called the Diamond line and the agent checked me out and back in again. It didn’t fix the problem, nor did she know what the problem was. By then, there were zero seats open in first, so I told her not to waste any more time on it. Hopefully it won’t happen again on the return flight.

I don't think you should give up so easily. If you were entitled to an upgrade, you should have received it.

SpinzCity Nov 18, 2019 7:33 pm

I get this message constantly. I'm Platinum, Million Miler, and when I check in, I'm told that my upgrade request can only be activated by the gate agent at my connecting airport. I then call the Plat line, and they say, oh yeah , they see me on the upgrade list.

This is a spook thing. Unnerving. It sucks.

fpmurphy Nov 18, 2019 8:25 pm

I get this message quite often. Always resolves itself within an hour or two.

rylan Nov 19, 2019 7:19 pm

If you're using a upgrade cert then this can indicate that it wasn't coded properly also.

Usually I only see this message if its because I try to view the upgrade list before being checked in.

MSPeconomist Nov 20, 2019 8:41 am

I just had an upgrade to D1 not clear properly despite about eight OY seats being available on the flight (which has been consistently Z9 since the day I purchased the ticket and requested the upgrade). This is a mileage upgrade reward and it seems to have definitely been done properly, but at about T-36 or so, I suspect I was dropped from the upgrade waitlist.

The DM agent is reporting the problem.