Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Discrepancy Between Delta Aircraft and Air France - Who's RIGHT???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

I am planning a multi-city trip (SEA-LHR returning CDG-SEA) for the fall of 2020, and the aircraft Delta shows for the CDG-SEA flight differs from that shown on Air France's site. I also cannot book the flight online, as it has to involve contacting Air France to book the return flight. I have never encountered this on a multi-city flight CDG-SEA (the last time I flew that was in 2016, so this is new to me). Any idea who's displaying the correct aircraft? The staff at Delta has been even more confused than I am, so I'm turning to Flyertalk in hopes someone knows WTH is going on. Delta is upgrading/updating their international aircraft this month, but I don't know if that's the issue (pathetic if so). Disconcerting they're not on the same page - and immensely aggravating, since I can't book the flight myself (and when calling Delta, they hiked the price up several times during our conversation - great fun). Confused? Welcome to my world.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Who operates the flight?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Air France operates the CDG-SEA flight.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by letsdance
So why would you think Air France is showing an incorrect aircraft type?
What are the 2 types?
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

It looks like Air France finally updated their site. It now shows seats that reflect the same as Delta (there are a few versions of the aircraft, and Air France had the wrong one initially). Here's hoping I can successfully book the flight online without having to be routed to Air France. Again, never had these issues in prior years.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Are you sure? The operating carrier knows what plane they use. I think you're confusing the marketing carrier for operating carrier. AF3622 is NOT operated by AF. It's a codeshare operated by DL.

It looks like Air France finally updated their site. It now shows seats that reflect the same as Delta (there are a few versions of the aircraft, and Air France had the wrong one initially). Here's hoping I can successfully book the flight online without having to be routed to Air France. Again, never had these issues in prior years.
These issues popup from time to time with codeshares. Most frequently it's issues with listing different flight times.
Mwenenzi, letsdance and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 9:27 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
It's also possible (since you say "Fall 2020") that you're trying to book a date that's too far in the future for Delta (331 days is their max) but not for Air France (359 days). These dates may be inexact; they're from https://onemileatatime.com/when-do-a...n-award-seats/ which says award seats but the dates are often the same for general schedule loading.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The operating carrier is always right.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Delta flies an A330 on this route. Air France flies a 777 on this route

It's possible to be booking AF flight numbers but be on the DL flight (AF 3622). It's also possible to book DL flight numbers but be on the AF flight (DL 8401).

Have you tried booking via Google Flights? I had no problem pulling up flights on DL.com for September and October doing a dummy search of SEA - LHR // CDG - SEA and pricing looks the same across all carriers. Looks to be a VS plane for SEA - LHR and then your choice of either the AF or DL flights for the return.

Example: https://flights.app.goo.gl/mALPq

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.