Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappearing/reappearing SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Disappearing/reappearing SkyMiles

Anyone see this?
At ~12:30pm Eastern today, my account had the correct number of miles (including those credited in a trip this week).
Then, the trip showed zero miles credited, but full miles were available.
Next, zero miles credited for trip, and total was reduced by that trip (if it never happened).
Fourth, miles for trip re-appeared, but total was still off.
Finally, everything came back.

This was across Delta.dumb, app, mobile web, and Apple Business/iMessage chat/agent (oddly enough).
I started the chat - but didn't speak to an agent - between steps 2 and 3.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Did you make any changes to the ticket that this happened to? If so that is the reason.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL DM
I had this happen last week. Flew on Sunday. Outbound posted with zero miles awarded with reason saying it was ineligible for credit (It was a confirmed RUC on a paid economy ticket). I messaged with Delta about this and by Tuesday I was given proper credit for the first leg. Return flight was Wednesday, credit posted automatically Thursday for the return. Then later that day, credit zeroed out for both and message indicated flights were processing (and SkyMiles total went down). Finally, on Friday, credit return for both legs and has been stable since. It was a bit weird, but I chalked this up to my intervention after the first leg.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by ajggiant
I had this happen last week. Flew on Sunday. Outbound posted with zero miles awarded with reason saying it was ineligible for credit (It was a confirmed RUC on a paid economy ticket). I messaged with Delta about this and by Tuesday I was given proper credit for the first leg. Return flight was Wednesday, credit posted automatically Thursday for the return. Then later that day, credit zeroed out for both and message indicated flights were processing (and SkyMiles total went down). Finally, on Friday, credit return for both legs and has been stable since. It was a bit weird, but I chalked this up to my intervention after the first leg.
Probably DL lost the SM database and used a backup that was out of date, given that this happened to multiple people at the same time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.