Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This beautiful view will be gone soon

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

This beautiful view will be gone soon

With new international arrivals facility coming up at SEA this beautiful view from A skyclub will be gone...

I guess delta will need to update the sky club description...
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Maybe the view from the S SkyClub will remain. I’m still not sure how the new “overpass” will connect inside the S satellite.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
+1. Here's one of mine from earlier this year (not as nice as yours):

Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yeah, I don't like that ugly orange, red, and blue fin toward the right and behind the classy red and navy partial fin.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Delta also needs to learn how to spell Mt. Rainier??? The photo above says "Ranier".

-RM
eeb100k likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:44 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Delta also needs to learn how to spell Mt. Rainier??? The photo above says "Ranier".

-RM
Ha! That's funny.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond; VS Gold; Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by RobOnLI

-RM
Lol!
Soon to be a moot point, I suppose.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Bridge is up

last weekend the bridge went up and Mt. Rainier view is gone.
here are couple pictures showing the cool new overbridge linking S and International Arrivals facility in A terminal at SEA

and a zoomed out view - both taken from A SC.

Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:39 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't understand why they weren't able to put the pedestrian walkway adjacent to the existing train tunnels (like ATL). I imagine it's cost related but this massive bridge probably wasn't cheap.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Man I love my home airport.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
I don't understand why they weren't able to put the pedestrian walkway adjacent to the existing train tunnels (like ATL). I imagine it's cost related but this massive bridge probably wasn't cheap.
Come on.. where's the cool factor in that! "The iconic aerial walkway" is how POS describes this one
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:26 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeet
Come on.. where's the cool factor in that! "The iconic aerial walkway" is how POS describes this one
Ha! Mt Rainier > "iconic aerial walkway" in my book. But I bet the view from that bridge will be pretty great.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by TTT
Ha! Mt Rainier > "iconic aerial walkway" in my book. But I bet the view from that bridge will be pretty great.
also available to all international arriving passengers and not just DL customers who have access to the SC
Old Jan 30, 2020, 2:16 am

It was a nice view, but without zoom, Rainier wasn't exactly looming large. Also, with Seattle weather, I usually can't see past the hangers anyway.

The bridge was most certainly way cheaper than widening the existing tunnels, they go under active taxiways and Seattle doesn't exactly have a great recent history with tunnel construction. I like the bridge, I am looking forward to using it, and it has been interesting for me to see it come together, although I seem to rarely fly out of S these days.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Well, Mt Rainier is hiding these days, but you can still catch a bit of it along with an incredible sunrise...
Zorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.