Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta credentials not appearing on my MU boarding pass?

Old Nov 11, 19, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ, DL, AC, AS, AA, BA, Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Hyatt

I just did an online check-in for my upcoming flight with MU. I did put my DL credentials during the check-in process, but I don't see them on the PDF boarding pass. I'm currently a DL Gold and that should get me SkyPriority. Should I just go to the check-in counter at the airport then to sort this out?
Old Nov 11, 19, 5:55 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I just did an online check-in for my upcoming flight with MU. I did put my DL credentials during the check-in process, but I don't see them on the PDF boarding pass. I'm currently a DL Gold and that should get me SkyPriority. Should I just go to the check-in counter at the airport then to sort this out?
I've never had success with getting OLCI to work with MU, always get a technical error.

When you get to the airport, just go to the counter and ask to reprint your pass and tell them to add your Skymiles number. Pretty easy task and they're generally friendly about it.
lsquare and cmx like this.
Old Nov 11, 19, 10:54 am

In my limited experience (a dozen or so instances), I had to add my skymiles info at every check in. Even when it was put in for all remaining segments on an itinerary, it would drop out. I have heard getting mileage credit if your skymiles number isn't on the BP can be a challenge too. So make sure it is there and hold on to the BPs.
MSPeconomist and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 11, 19, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
To repeat the above, with MU always, always give your FF at checkin and check your BP as it will show the right ST level you are at, along the with your number. MU always wants to assign a flight to a spanking new MU FF #. While MU is much better than they were a decade ago in actually getting mileage to a partner, save your BP.

It is amazing the number of discussions I have had in China over the years with agents amazed I did not want to credit to MU's program...
MSPeconomist and lsquare like this.
Old Nov 11, 19, 2:53 pm

As mentioned above, save those boarding passes, and even take a pic with your phone of each one as soon as you get it.

I seem to have a decent amount of crediting problems with MU.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 11, 19, 3:01 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CoMooter View Post
To repeat the above, with MU always, always give your FF at checkin and check your BP as it will show the right ST level you are at, along the with your number. MU always wants to assign a flight to a spanking new MU FF #. While MU is much better than they were a decade ago in actually getting mileage to a partner, save your BP.

It is amazing the number of discussions I have had in China over the years with agents amazed I did not want to credit to MU's program...
Confirming my DL SM number in advance via the MU NY email desk seemed to help and calling the service desk to have it added vs. relying on the website. When I used MU OLCI my SkyMiles number STE+ status were indicated. Always good to keep your BP, though mileage appeared about 5 days after the flight in my case.
Old Nov 12, 19, 1:31 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Very good advice from all above. Check and recheck at a check in counter. MU drops the number all the time, even between connections.

Taking a photo of my boarding pass the moment it hits my hand is my standard procedure.

Ironically, China Southern and Xiamen Airlines both almost never cause me grief.
Old Nov 12, 19, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Thx guys. I went to the front desk at the airport and the rep manually added my DL SM # to my boarding pass. Hopefully the flight will be credited to my account soon!
Old Nov 12, 19, 6:22 pm

Thx guys. I went to the front desk at the airport and the rep manually added my DL SM # to my boarding pass. Hopefully the flight will be credited to my account soon!
My flights posted within a week and I received everything correctly, including the B class bonus. That said, I always get a physical boarding pass from partners and keep them until the flights post just in case. Have a safe and fun trip!
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 12, 19, 7:36 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I have never had a fail with miles posting when the DL SM number was printed on the BP. While it almost always fails when not.

If it fails, most of the time a simple request to DL via the web page clears it up. Twice that failed with the update showing the flights but miles denied, and I had to call back. Both times those were handled fairly easily w/o documentation.
Old Nov 16, 19, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
As mentioned above, save those boarding passes, and even take a pic with your phone of each one as soon as you get it.

I seem to have a decent amount of crediting problems with MU.
I feel like you got a crystal ball on this. Apparently I'm now experiencing a problem with MU as well. So on my one single ticket, I had two segments, YVR-PVG and PVG-KUL. Only the second segment showed up on my DL account. Now I'll need to file a request for missing miles with DL...
Old Nov 16, 19, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Weekend Away View Post
My flights posted within a week and I received everything correctly, including the B class bonus. That said, I always get a physical boarding pass from partners and keep them until the flights post just in case. Have a safe and fun trip!
Good thing I still have my boarding pass, but is it just me or that at the gate, they like to rip and keep a portion of it? I wonder if I could request to keep the entire bp intact?

Anyways, I only got one of two segments credited to my account. Now I need to waste my time sorting this out with DL while on vacation.
Old Nov 18, 19, 4:19 pm

Good thing I still have my boarding pass, but is it just me or that at the gate, they like to rip and keep a portion of it? I wonder if I could request to keep the entire bp intact?

Anyways, I only got one of two segments credited to my account. Now I need to waste my time sorting this out with DL while on vacation.
If I remember correctly, JFK rips off a part of the boarding pass. But I don't remember that happening at BKK, KUL, SYD, NKG, PEK, or PVG.

UX out of JFK they took 90% of the boarding pass. I was left with a tiny sliver that I don't think even included my seat assignment, let alone my name, PNR, or FFN.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond

Mostly outstations do this.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 18, 19, 4:34 pm

I had a few MU boarding passes lying around and noted that:
-LAX took most of the boarding pass, and left me with the stub from the right side.
-NKG took one of the 2 side stubs but left the middle and one of the side stubs. Not always the same side.
-BKK did the same as NKG
lsquare likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: