Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Res business amex question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Delta Res business amex question

I realize that having the card can put me past other platinums without it on upgrade list. But what I'm not finding confirmation is if I have to PAY for the ticket with the card or if that doesn't matter at all. Much rather have the 5x Amex points...
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
I realize that having the card can put me past other platinums without it on upgrade list. But what I'm not finding confirmation is if I have to PAY for the ticket with the card or if that doesn't matter at all. Much rather have the 5x Amex points...
You get the benefits regardless of how you pay. The card is tied to your SM #. Only issue is if you wish to credit flights to another program. In that case your number is removed from the reservation.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It only puts you ahead of other Plats flying on a ticket with the same fare class as you. You should not really expect a dramatic improvement in upgrade percentage.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
It only puts you ahead of other Plats flying on a ticket with the same fare class as you. You should not really expect a dramatic improvement in upgrade percentage.
True, but if one is frequently on the bubble for gate upgrades, the Reserve card can make a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.