Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Premium Select alcohol - how generous?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Select alcohol - how generous?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
Whether you are in D1 or Y, if you want a drink and a FA is not in easy eye shot, just hit your call button and ask.....
That call button sound is so annoying. People are so lazy. Get up
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
just wondering.. how much were you planning to drink?
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: Delta DM
In a DTW - NRT round trip last month, on the outbound I made friends with my seat mate and he asked for the same wine I was drinking - the FA the proceeded to give us the whole wine bottle. First time that's ever happened to me! Was delicious wine too (some Napa Cab blend).

On the return the FA pretended to be a sommelier with me mocking (in a funny way) my question about whether the Chardonnay was wooded. Kept coming through the whole night asking if I wanted more or if I wanted to taste anything else.

In my (limited) PS experience, the FAs have been fantastic, attentive, and kept the wine flowing.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by anon2k2
I was in D1 on a SEA-AMS flight when I asked for a double Macallan. The flight attendant said, "Delta's policy is not to serve doubles but you don't look like an alcoholic, so here you go." That's in my top 3 ... statements ever by a service or retail employee.
Similarly my cocktail of choice is a gin and tonic, and for my initial service I ask if I can have 2 bottles, the can and an extra cup of ice. That way I don’t have to bother the FA , or wait for the refill which usually has a longer interval after first service because of food and all that . I ALWAYS do this. Sure enough. I got this spiel in September, albeit more informal with the FA obliging, but telling me not to tell anyone because they are not supposed to. I think I was in PS.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Tine Rod
Similarly my cocktail of choice is a gin and tonic, and for my initial service I ask if I can have 2 bottles, the can and an extra cup of ice. That way I don’t have to bother the FA , or wait for the refill which usually has a longer interval after first service because of food and all that . I ALWAYS do this. Sure enough. I got this spiel in September, albeit more informal with the FA obliging, but telling me not to tell anyone because they are not supposed to. I think I was in PS.
I always ask for two drinks at a time, wine etc...including water and juice.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 9:20 am

Doubles and No Double Policy

Originally Posted by anon2k2
I was in D1 on a SEA-AMS flight when I asked for a double Macallan. The flight attendant said, "Delta's policy is not to serve doubles but you don't look like an alcoholic, so here you go." That's in my top 3 ... statements ever by a service or retail employee.
If I'm in comfort+ on a domestic flight and want a drink, I always ask for a double (along with a can of soda/seltzer). Never have I had any push back in this scenario. The can gives me enough mixer for two, plus some extra to hydrate, and it saves an additional request from the flight attendant.

Only once did I get the "against policy" response. This was an international flight DTW to ICN on an A350 in a bulkhead exit (the ones with more space than PS) with a request at the beginning of the flight. She brought me the double but insisted she could only do it this one time because it was against policy. I told her if its policy it's almost always ignored. I believe she was PMNW based out of MSP so perhaps Northwest used to have a no doubles policy? Given my request has been denied only once (out of at least 50 requests), I doubt there is an official policy specifically on doubles.

Back to the original question, I've never had a problem with drink service in PS. Probably not as attentive as D1, but you ask and you will receive. International buy ups of a few hundred dollars to PS on a trans-pacific flight are generally are worth it if you can snag a non-middle seat (especially the bulkhead).
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by pfreet
A trend I've noticed is that people seem hesitant to ring the call button. Use it. It's not impolite. Smile and ask for another cocktail. You don't need to ever feel its an imposition or be embarrassed
I'm hesitant to use it since the last 2 times I've needed something (a lysol wipe for a spill the cleaning grew didn't wipe and a glass of water since i came down with a fever on a flight) they've ignored it and not come even with the light still on (and me re-ringing) 10 minutes later. So I've wondered what the point is.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:35 pm

I’m flying my first PS route on the A350 in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it. Do they provide a pre-departure drink like D1 and domestic first class?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
The wife and I flew PS on Oct ATL to CDG and back as part of a Spain trip. Pre-departure was offered on both flights. They came around with a tray with cups of a sparkling wine or water. I think they used to have OJ as part of this service before they simplified it.

The beverage service during flight is frequent and generous. Even just having a constant supply of water is really nice.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott
Yes, sparking wine of some sort.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I have found in the past year when flying First Class domestic the pours to be much less frequent. There have been occasions I have needed to use the call button in first class. I have also found in Delta Comfort+ domestically that agents seem annoyed frequently when you ask for an additional glass of wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.