Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRJ900 Montréal to ATL...is Delta

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by pgh234
Like what plane DO you want? I would take a CRJ-900 or MD-88/90 two seater any day over a WN737/AC320 etc. Is the IFE the main desire here?
I want DL to take their 747s out of retirement and schedule them so that they operate on every route that I fly, when I fly it, whether that is SEA-JFK or SEA-PDX. Realistically, you have to match your supply of seats to demand for those seats. A CRJ9 is perfectly comfortable and I much prefer that a/c over a 739 or the 20F 757s. I find it ridiculous that people complain about having a/c without IFE and can't entertain themselves for a few hours (magazines, newspapers and books still exist) and that is coming from a millennial.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
plus boarding is shorter with fewer people (and fewer people trying to stuff rollaboards in the bins, which speeds things up further).

does DL have any mainline service into YUL at all? I just went in and out this week and it seemed like it was all CRJ.
Delta was using some MDs ATL-YUL, but it looks like that was recently changed. I was booked on one on my return leg in January, but early October it was changed to an Endeavor operated CR9.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rwarren5
Delta was using some MDs ATL-YUL, but it looks like that was recently changed. I was booked on one on my return leg in January, but early October it was changed to an Endeavor operated CR9.
Are you certain? If so, I believe it was an unusual thing (perhaps there was some big conference that week in Montreal). There hasn't been regular mainline service in a long time
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Are you certain? If so, I believe it was an unusual thing (perhaps there was some big conference that week in Montreal). There hasn't been regular mainline service in a long time
I think it was once a day on an md88 or 90 (I don't remember which). Screen cap from my schedule change email.
Mountain Explorer likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
I want to bump this instead of starting a new thread. I'm flying YUL-ATL on Friday. Flight is at 12:30. How much time should I allow for transborder customs and security? I don't have global entry.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eneq
I want to bump this instead of starting a new thread. I'm flying YUL-ATL on Friday. Flight is at 12:30. How much time should I allow for transborder customs and security? I don't have global entry.
Unfortunately it's very variable. But 12:30 is generally a quiet time at YUL in my experience, and early December is a quiet time too. Probably you can get thru security and immigration in 30 minutes, but you would be wise to allow 1 full hour. After immigration, there's a long walk thru the duty free shopping area to get to the gates. And DL YUL gate agents are famous for closing boarding at exactly T-15 and they don't care how many passengers are left behind. If you're in the security line at T-90, you should be all set. Less than that, it can get stressful.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:12 pm

I hate the CRJ900, it's a less comfortable version of the E170. I flew on one for almost 3 hours between Kansas City and New York.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.