Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Surprise access to KAL Seoul-GMP domestic lounge

Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat

I flew into ICN this morning at 530 am on DL 27 from ATL, good coach fare and GUCs confirmed both way RDU-ATL-ICN-MSP-RDU. Couldn’t get the good fare including BUS so booked a separate US$90 economy rt GMP-BUS. I wasn’t expecting lounge access at KAL GMP domestic lounge, but I was walk by so stopped in to as. Apparently my ST elite plus gold didn’t do it, but my D1 boarding pass arriving to ICN this morning did.
Nothing special about the lounge - espresso machine, 3 juices, canned soft drinks and packaged pastry, but it was quiet when I got here at 730 am.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mot29
I flew into ICN this morning at 530 am on DL 27 from ATL, good coach fare and GUCs confirmed both way RDU-ATL-ICN-MSP-RDU. Couldn’t get the good fare including BUS so booked a separate US$90 economy rt GMP-BUS. I wasn’t expecting lounge access at KAL GMP domestic lounge, but I was walk by so stopped in to as. Apparently my ST elite plus gold didn’t do it, but my D1 boarding pass arriving to ICN this morning did.
Nothing special about the lounge - espresso machine, 3 juices, canned soft drinks and packaged pastry, but it was quiet when I got here at 730 am.
Your STE+ should've gotten you in. You had a same day ST international flight.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Your STE+ should've gotten you in. You had a same day ST international flight.
I realized that is why she asked for the ATL-ICN bp - to verify the same day intl travel. But the GMP-BUS flight wasn’t on the same ticket and not part of the same itin.
Granted, the lounge was very basic, but to be honest, GMP domestic is nice, but very limited places to buy food or anything else. Not the shopping mall that ICN or AMS or so many other airports have become.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I realized that is why she asked for the ATL-ICN bp - to verify the same day intl travel. But the GMP-BUS flight wasn’t on the same ticket and not part of the same itin.
Granted, the lounge was very basic, but to be honest, GMP domestic is nice, but very limited places to buy food or anything else. Not the shopping mall that ICN or AMS or so many other airports have become.
Not being on same ticket doesn't matter. Your STE+ should've gotten you in. The fact you were in D1 doesnt matter. Your post says you couldn't get access as STE+, but did because of you flying D1.

As for amenities, most domestic airport terminals are sparse compared to international.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Not being on same ticket doesn't matter. Your STE+ should've gotten you in. The fact you were in D1 doesnt matter. Your post says you couldn't get access as STE+, but did because of you flying D1.

As for amenities, most domestic airport terminals are sparse compared to international.
And it's not like the KE lounges at ICN are particularly well stocked -- so it's not surprising the domestic one would be sparse too...
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: OZ, KE, BX, 7C
Lightbulb

GMP domestic is nice, but very limited places to buy food or anything else. .
There's Lotte shopping mall across the street or connected underground. Check next time maybe after PUS-GMP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.