Wiki Posts
Search

Checked Bag on a Stopover

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Checked Bag on a Stopover

I have a domestic trip with a stop over of a few days booked. AAA-BBB-CCC. Do I need to tell them to check to my back to BBB if I have a checked bag or will they automatically do that for me?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
If it’s a few days, it will only be checked to the first destination (stopover point) automatically.
lost_perspicacity likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
The rule is a short-check is mandatory for any connection/stopover 12 hours or more.
For 6-12 hours short-check is default but an agent can check it through.
For under 6 hours you can usually get them to short-check it if you ask nicely.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is not a short check. OP is stopping over and not connecting. Thus, in any event, his bag will be checked to his first destination.

As to the precise question asked, even on a one-way, single-segment ticket, it always pays to verify the destination and then double check the bag tag. Trust, but verify.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.