eCredit from cancelled flight not showing up

Old Nov 6, 19, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum
eCredit from cancelled flight not showing up

I've recently cancelled a flight that should net me $3900 in return (after the cancellation fee). This time I decided to call in to cancel and the agent cancelled it for me. However, I noticed that the certificate never showed up on delta.com as an option to look at the balance/use it online when booking.

I've went through 7+ Delta reps and they all mentioned that it shows up on my account + they have no idea why this is happening. Anyone have any idea? I know I can simply call in to use the certificate but I'd imagine that I'm going to continue using this same eCredit for multiple flights.

Also - when I go to view receipt for the flight, the flight status says OPEN.
Old Nov 6, 19, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kchengg1 View Post
I've recently cancelled a flight that should net me $3900 in return (after the cancellation fee). This time I decided to call in to cancel and the agent cancelled it for me. However, I noticed that the certificate never showed up on delta.com as an option to look at the balance/use it online when booking.

I've went through 7+ Delta reps and they all mentioned that it shows up on my account + they have no idea why this is happening. Anyone have any idea? I know I can simply call in to use the certificate but I'd imagine that I'm going to continue using this same eCredit for multiple flights.

Also - when I go to view receipt for the flight, the flight status says OPEN.
Did he reservation get canceled? If so then all is good. Ticket will show OPEN till exchanged for new one. Not sure why it isn't showing up though. Keep the ticket number handy and you should be able to use it by punching in the number.
Old Nov 7, 19, 3:18 am

I had the same problem with a cancelled flight earlier this year, and I received the same answer from Delta Customer Service. It seems like it should be a pretty simple IT issue to resolve...
Old Nov 7, 19, 5:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Silver
Had the same thing happen as well. Cancelled a JFK-LHR trip for March, and it never showed up in my wallet. DM agent said she “could see it in my account.” Weird.
Old Nov 7, 19, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, ICH Gold, *A Gold
I had a similar situation. I changed a flight last month that resulted in a small credit. I have en email outlining the credit, but it doesn't show up in my account.
Old Nov 7, 19, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK if you make a change and have a small credit as a result, it looks like a voucher in your FF account, but if you completely cancel an unused nonrefundable ticket, the credit stays with the ticket number and the change fee is subtracted when you rebook it to get a new ticket.

IIRC if the trip is cancelled during to IROPs or a weather waiver, if you get the refund, it should be sent directly to your means of payment (credit card) just as if you had cancelled a refundable ticket, but if it's just a voucher it would appear in your account.
Old Nov 19, 19, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Amex Plat
I ran across this issue/bug/behavior after cancelling a flight yesterday. Never got any sort of email, and no credit shows up anywhere that I can find. I am not sure how I am supposed to use the remaining credit.
Old Nov 19, 19, 7:28 pm

Any credit below the $200 change fee won’t show up in your account. Need to call an agent to apply it. IT system does not recognize waivers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: