Sky club membership refund

Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xooz
Since they will reimburse half of a membership, why not consider getting a membership for whoever is your second choice carrier? There are many times my secondary carrier is one I have no status on and otherwise have no lounge access when flying them. If your travel patterns are frequent enough, consider who your second choice carrier is and see if you would benefit from lounge access on that carrier if it was half price.
This is an excellent suggestion, tbh.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by xooz
Since they will reimburse half of a membership, why not consider getting a membership for whoever is your second choice carrier? There are many times my secondary carrier is one I have no status on and otherwise have no lounge access when flying them. If your travel patterns are frequent enough, consider who your second choice carrier is and see if you would benefit from lounge access on that carrier if it was half price.
Good suggestion and if they list that airline as the airline they want the travel credit from with am ex that will cover a lot of the lounge memppbershio as well
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by dlflyer00
Why do you think this is a correction? SC memberships are also restricted to same-day Delta/partner flights. There is no difference.
this factored into my decision to get the reserve card. The benefit of a SC membership is gone. That one time my friend bought me a ticket on Southwest I was still able to go in the SC because of my membership.
I only used it once in 3 years but as a matter of principle that was the big erosion in SC membership benefits for me. Dont tell me Im a member if youre going to restrict when I can access the place Im a member of
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
[QUOTE=fsuj25;31720121]this factored into my decision to get the reserve card. The benefit of a SC membership is gone. That one time my friend bought me a ticket on Southwest I was still able to go in the SC because of my membership.
I only used it once in 3 years but as a matter of principle that was the big erosion in SC membership benefits for me. Dont tell me Im a member if youre going to restrict when I can access the place Im a member of[/QUOTE]

I guess they're not able to close clubs at night since it's a membership. after all it's not a membership if they restrict when you can enter.

Membership doesn't mean there's no restrictions on entry. It just means you're entitled to whatever the membership Grant's. In this case access to SC when flying DL or partners.
Often1 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by fsuj25
this factored into my decision to get the reserve card. The benefit of a SC membership is gone. That one time my friend bought me a ticket on Southwest I was still able to go in the SC because of my membership.
I only used it once in 3 years but as a matter of principle that was the big erosion in SC membership benefits for me. Dont tell me Im a member if youre going to restrict when I can access the place Im a member of
Then why did you agree to the terms & conditions which restrict access to times when you are flying DL?

Bottom line, you are no more a "member" than it is a "club".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.