Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta menus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Delta menus

How often do they change the menus? And are the menus specific to certain routes? Its amazing to me that you can read the description of the meal on the various menus that people have posted and then you sometimes see a picture of the tray and it isn't at all what you expected. Surprise!
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rjack22
How often do they change the menus? And are the menus specific to certain routes? Its amazing to me that you can read the description of the meal on the various menus that people have posted and then you sometimes see a picture of the tray and it isn't at all what you expected. Surprise!
Delta One is quarterly. Domestic first is random.

Some routes have regional variations and TPAC/TATL usually aren't the same.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I think the menus themselves have the route/region and timeframe printed on them in fine print.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:36 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah, so if you look at the back corner of the menu, it will say the route(s) and season for the menu, in all cabins of service.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
DL's meal service, particularly on domestic F, is the weakest aspect of their offering. I flew FLL-DTW last week and for dinner was served two meatballs, some ricotta cheese, spinach and a soggy piece of garlic bread, all of which was sloppy into some tomato sauce. Dessert was that stinking cookie in plastic. Seriously? And don't even get me started on how pathetic lunch is. DL, you can do better.

I hate AA but they manage to put on a decent domestic meal.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've had some decent plated chocolate desserts recently on longer domestic FC lunch flights, but not as good as the PMNW slivers of flourless chocolate cake or slivers of cheesecake with berry sauce. Still, I agree that most domestic FC meals haven't been impressive for at least the last few years.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC

I think that varies. I think AA has a lot of dishes that sound good on the menu but the quality of the ingredients is poor. AA lasagna/flat pasta is always rubbery. Their steaks are the size of a quarter. mashed potatoes are like an oily soup.

I know some of DL meals I've seen here look awful like those wonder bread sandwiches, but my experience is they are better executed, better taste than AA which with the exception of their Mexican dishes are tasteless for the most part, and overly greasy.

I do 100% agree DL can do better!
TXguy likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:04 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've had some decent plated chocolate desserts recently on longer domestic FC lunch flights, but not as good as the PMNW slivers of flourless chocolate cake or slivers of cheesecake with berry sauce. Still, I agree that most domestic FC meals haven't been impressive for at least the last few years.
Yeah, I miss the NWA FC desserts, the cheesecake and that chocolate cake was yummy every time. I've had a mixed bag of FC meals, I'm sure there's an equation based on the paid FC/D1 connections vs free upgraded in how much $ is put into them, plus factors like outstations, plane type, etc. But yeah, Delta has proved with their ability to come up with some amazing meals in D1 out of LAX, HND Japanese meals, etc, so hope it catches up.

I'll have FC meal on AA this winter, so we shall see how that is...
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
It’s just a classier presentation that AA plates their cookies as a separate service. In addition the nuts in their own ramekin makes for a 3 course/step meal on flights as short as NYC-ORD/MIA where DL is one tray and a plastic wrapped dessert.

AA is far from great but the presentation of what is served is nice.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
DL's meal service, particularly on domestic F, is the weakest aspect of their offering. I flew FLL-DTW last week and for dinner was served two meatballs, some ricotta cheese, spinach and a soggy piece of garlic bread, all of which was sloppy into some tomato sauce. Dessert was that stinking cookie in plastic. Seriously? And don't even get me started on how pathetic lunch is. DL, you can do better.

I’ve had the meatballs a half dozen times this year, and I really like it. The meatball flavor is pretty good, the sauce is decent and both go well with the Ricotta and spinach. Not a fine dining meal, but I set my expectations so I don’t expect that. And I’m with MSP, I miss the NWA flourless chocolate cake, but so think the Dancing Deer cookies are better than most in flight cookies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.