Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Baggage fee / one leg business question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Flying LAS - MSP then MSP-YWG.

If I purchase an upgrade to business class for the second flight will that allow free baggage allowance when checking in at LAS even though my first leg is economy?
Thanks very much
Old Nov 1, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Flying LAS - MSP then MSP-YWG.

If I purchase an upgrade to business class for the second flight will that allow free baggage allowance when checking in at LAS even though my first leg is economy?
Thanks very much
Technically no. You're not upgrading to F. You're simply paying a seat assignment fee to sit in F using your Y ticket.

However, IRL you get it.

Last edited by flyerCO; Nov 1, 2019 at 10:26 am
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: NW GE
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Technically no. You're not upgrading to F. You're simply paying a seat assignment fee to sit in F using your Y ticket.

However, IRL you may indeed get it.
Agree this is technically true, but doesn't the ticket see the F segment and apply the F rules to the entire itin that day?

As an elite, if we get upgraded on 1 segment, you get F baggage allowance for all segments... assume this is the same?
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Lyaec350
Agree this is technically true, but doesn't the ticket see the F segment and apply the F rules to the entire itin that day?

As an elite, if we get upgraded on 1 segment, you get F baggage allowance for all segments... assume this is the same?
This is why I stated the IRL section. The system will see you sitting in F and apply it. However technically the fee is only to sit in seat in the cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.