Delta One domestic

Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Question Delta One domestic

Ive been lucky to catch D1 from DTW-SEA and vice versa a few times just by needing a last minute ticket and that being the only option. Ive spent some time today looking specifically for a D1 flight for these airports and cannot find one. I gather the D1 aircraft are positioned based on international need or last minute fill in aircraft my question is: Is there a flyer site that allows one to look ahead and see if an aircraft with D1 is being planned for a leg or is my best luck Delta site and just keep checking days/times. etc... I didnt know if perhaps there was some historical data on when/where domestic D1 are available.

Cheers!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL GM
https://www.delta.com/content/dam/de..._schedules.pdf

I see one for SEA that shows a widebody - that was on Oct 18th. The rest look like 757s - perhaps a couple of those would have D1, but they all look like 753's, and I don't think those have been converted to D1.

You can also look in matrix. Under advanced controls use:

"dl" in the first box, and "aircraft t:767 t:777 t:339" etc in the second box. Obviously you won't see D1 configured 757's on there, but you'll at least see the widebodies.

Last edited by war.eagle.30; Oct 31, 2019 at 5:31 pm
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just to be clear, it is not D1. These are simply aircraft configured for D1 use, but with F service.
bgriff likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
this thread isnt always maintained up-to-date but can be a pretty good resource (again, you obviously wont find the 75S flights on there)
Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:15 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
https://thepointsguy.com/guides/how-...-domestically/

So for example there's one daily flight between LAX-ATL each way on a 777 (which are all internationally configured with D1 and PS seats, but serve domestic FC service, therefore not the true D1 international level service like LAX/SFO-JFK) which I've recently done a 4 times, twice booked in D1 and twice upgrade the the C+ service in PS seats, which is much nicer (especially compared the 767 I had going to BRU where it's the old D1 seats and regular C+ seats)
Old Oct 31, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Often1
Just to be clear, it is not D1. These are simply aircraft configured for D1 use, but with F service.
Isnt one flight a day between SEA and JFK with actual Delta One service? Looking at the Delta app its the 11:21am from SEA on a 757. All other daily flights are domestic first.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by GeminisTwin
Isnt one flight a day between SEA and JFK with actual Delta One service? Looking at the Delta app its the 11:21am from SEA on a 757. All other daily flights are domestic first.
OP refers to a DTW-SEA flight, not a proper transcon to New York. I know there arent any D1 flights to DTW (apart from seasonal Hawaii, although that might be dead again).

AFAIK all continental-48 D1 flights involve one of JFK, BOS, and I think IAD, right? (And then on the other side LAX, SFO, and a very few on SEA.)
Old Nov 1, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
DCA-LAX

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
OP refers to a DTW-SEA flight, not a proper transcon to New York. I know there arent any D1 flights to DTW (apart from seasonal Hawaii, although that might be dead again).

AFAIK all continental-48 D1 flights involve one of JFK, BOS, and I think IAD, right? (And then on the other side LAX, SFO, and a very few on SEA.)
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo

DCA-LAX, LAS/SAN also have one daily D1. SEA has at least 1 and sometimes 2 D1 daily.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by GeminisTwin
Yes. There is a Delta One flight each day between the two airports. It's typically the 7am from JFK and that is the return from SEA. I've taken both a number of times. Other times it's the same 757 configuration but without the Delta One amenities.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sonkie23
Yes. There is a Delta One flight each day between the two airports. It's typically the 7am from JFK and that is the return from SEA. I've taken both a number of times. Other times it's the same 757 configuration but without the Delta One amenities.
Generally speaking, that 7AM flight should have D1 amenties since it's marketed at D1. There's a 4PM that's currently a 757 with D1 config that is not marketed as D1 (so you might not get them on those). The other two dailies are currently 737-900ER's which are just domestic F equipment and are marketed as FC.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is relatively easy to determine because the booking page on routes which have mixed D1/F frequencies, show five columns (BE, Y, C+, F, and D1). On non-D1 flights, the relevant column states "not offered."

Also worth remembering, because there are a number of threads from people who booked internationally-configured aircraft into domestic F regarding SC access. That is limited to those ticketed into D1.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 9:12 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
There's not really an easy way to find these, but there are some rules of thumb you can keep in mind. For one thing, they will be easier to find during the winter, since the widebody equipment (where most D1 seats are found) is in high demand to fly internationally, especially to Europe, in the summer. In January I see (via a subscription service I have access to) a random smattering of widebodies on routes like ATL-DTW, ATL-JFK, ATL-MCO, ATL-MSP, ATL-PDX, ATL-SEA, ATL-SLC, and BOS-MCO.

Also during off-peak times, there are sometimes widebody service to/from major events, like to and from the Super Bowl host city or major conventions in Las Vegas.

But, you have to manually look at the aircraft type for each flight, because one-off flights like these are generally not marketed as Delta One (even though they have the seats), so you wouldn't notice them just by looking at the price grid on Delta.com. If you have a service like ExpertFlyer you can get an easier-to-digest-at-a-glance view of all flights and their aircraft types for a day which might help, but again these arise relatively infrequently so I wouldn't get EF just for that.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
this thread isnt always maintained up-to-date but can be a pretty good resource (again, you obviously wont find the 75S flights on there)
In particular the "one way to search for these on ITA" advanced routing codes from that thread's wiki is a good way to search a range of dates and airports for possiblities.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.