Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

C+ versus Premium Economy to AMS or CDG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C+ versus Premium Economy to AMS or CDG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GeorgeBurdell
I've got Premium Economy booked ATL-DTW-AMS in early December. I'm getting the same MQM miles bonus (150%) as Delta One. Paid about $1100/tix.
Yup. If MQMs are going to be 'on the bubble' for a medallion tier during the flight year, $800 r/t to get the extra qualifying miles (in addition to better seat, legroom, shoulder and elbow space and slightly better food) may be worth it.

I'm a fairly bulky guy, and while PS is a bump up in cost, as DL rolls it out more, I suspect I'll buy it. C+ window in a 2 seat pair is still pretty decent, where cost or lack of offering play in. I personally avoid KL longhaul metal for the narrow Y/Y+ seats.

Worth it for anyone other than me is too subjective to say with conviction, tho. (Note that the PS 50% bonus only applies to segments actually flown in P.E.
Interestingly, a friend flew a VS ticketed trip identical to mine, MAN-ATL-MSP, in VS Premium & DL C+, and he got the 50% mqm bonus atl-msp. Must be how VS sells and tickets the flight. He also got tons more RDMs for his trip.)
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member

My wife and I just flew Delta's Premium Select ATL to CDG and back as part of a longer trip. It made a big difference to have more space. We got seats 20A and 20B which are a pair of bulkhead seats on the 777. There was plenty of room to stretch and to spread out all our stuff. The fare difference was about $450 round trip per person over coach.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blitzcon
My wife and I just flew Delta's Premium Select ATL to CDG and back as part of a longer trip. It made a big difference to have more space. We got seats 20A and 20B which are a pair of bulkhead seats on the 777. There was plenty of room to stretch and to spread out all our stuff. The fare difference was about $450 round trip per person over coach.
Hmm, that doesn't look like "plenty of room to stretch", doesn't look like your legs are fully extended yet your sneaker is against the bulkhead wall. Even in coach one can normally fully extend one's legs under the seat in front.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
I agree. I flew last summer AMS-DTW in PS in bulkhead. I felt cramped because as you said I couldn’t fully extend my legs. I am flying PS to INC-DTW and this time I am sitting in the third row, hoping for a better PS experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.