Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL ticket, KLM upgrade - no bonus MQM?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I've bought three upgrades out of AMS in the past year -- two at OLCI and one (on a Delta flight when they did that) at the lounge on the day of travel. Didn't get any bonuses at all -- and didn't expect any.

I figure that is 3 of the 4 GUCs I didn't get this year, being a fallen DM (though in truth, I always used the GUCs in the other direction )
Do you recall what you paid for the three upgrades? I'm curious what this gives for the value of DM over PM.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you recall what you paid for the three upgrades? I'm curious what this gives for the value of DM over PM.
The two KLM ones were about €650 (for 787) -- which was about the price of my Y ticket. The Delta one was considerably cheaper, €300 maybe (it was back in Feb). I remember I was looking for $+miles and she said "Oh, you already are in C+ so it is only €300"

Interesting also the one the other day I checked in at about T-26h and was offered €1500 and I declined. For some reason, I went back at about T-20h the offer had dropped so I took it. There were about 8 seats left to choose and the plane left with one empty -- I had a minor problem with the arm rest and the purser said "Oh, there is an empty seat back there you could take."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.