Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

HELP - New job, more travel - NYC area flyer thinking of switching to DL from UA Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP - New job, more travel - NYC area flyer thinking of switching to DL from UA Gold

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gitismatt
this is true but it also depends on how the ticket is booked. this all sounds like corporate travel and if the bookings are on a corporate card then Reserve doesn't get Centurion access. The DL flight must be booked on the Reserve card to get Centurion access.
The is not true. The T&C's say the flight just has to booked on a U.S. issued Amex card. It doesn't have to specifically be the Reserve card.

"Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Basic and Additional Card Members receive complimentary access to all locations of The Centurion Lounge when flying on a same-day Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight. The eligible flight must be booked on a U.S. issued American Express charge or credit Card. "
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
The is not true. The T&C's say the flight just has to booked on a U.S. issued Amex card. It doesn't have to specifically be the Reserve card.

"Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Basic and Additional Card Members receive complimentary access to all locations of The Centurion Lounge when flying on a same-day Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight. The eligible flight must be booked on a U.S. issued American Express charge or credit Card. "
ok, so it's still not as simple as having the card. all my corporate travel is booked on a MasterCard so the reserve card still doesn't matter
Old Oct 21, 2019, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I would definitely switch to DL if I were you.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:29 am

Which Chase card do you have? Preferred or Reserve?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
How big is your new firm? Is it small enough that you can get your own AA airpass? HPN short hop to phl and then off wherever. Pay by distance with a flexible ticket. Weather/irrops reroute yourself. New haven also another option with AA when things go south. 10k buy in which is less than ua pass plus. Use the airpass, comes with admirals club access, for expensive cash tickets. Be a free agent and use jetblue for Florida. Airpass to the rescue during irrops.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 12:08 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by raftermanfl
That is good to know. Does it still work where you get SkyClub access with Amex Plat regardless of how ticket is booked? I'm pretty sure I have used SkyClubs while paying on different card, has anything changed? Also, assuming I want to keep my Amex Plat, is there any situation where I will not have access to Delta SkyClubs?
My Amex Platinum gets me into the Sky Club even when the ticket was purchased on my corporate Visa card, and that hasn't changed.

Note that AXP access to Sky Clubs only applies when you are on a Delta-marketed or Delta-operated flight (same rules as the Reserve); Sky Club membership used to be looser, but is now restricted to Delta or partner airline travel so it's almost as restricted as the credit card access is.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ericcheung
How big is your new firm? Is it small enough that you can get your own AA airpass? HPN short hop to phl and then off wherever.
AA no longer flies HPN-PHL:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West...County_Airport

But AA does have more nonstop destinations from HPN than DL does (three vs. two).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.