Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Sounds like perhaps the Sky Club is partially opening? From the glitzy Delta site:

With seating for nearly 600 guests to relax and recharge over a sprawling 34,000 square feet (in its end state)
Future additions to the Club include a year-round, all-weather Sky Deck, a second premium bar and a third hydration station.
N830MH likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:36 pm

when terminal c opens saturday, will there be bus or remote gates still?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
All,

More pics in there!

https://thepointsguy.com/news/first-...0Au1pBrd1cH0w4
ohhleary likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by aaflyer222
when terminal c opens saturday, will there be bus or remote gates still?
I don't have any official information, but I would guess it's likely for some time. The new 70s gates will open, but then at some point (soon I figure) the current 80s gates (former D1-D11) will have to close for demolition so they can finish building out the new 80s gates directly next to that current concourse (they've done a lot of work on it already, but the current 80s gates are a little in the way it seems). Then when the new 80s open, presumably the 60s will close for demo/rebuild or perhaps gut renovation (not sure how they are approaching that)

ETA: On the flipside of what i said above, the TPG link that N830MH posted claims

While Saturday marks the end of bus gates at the airport
N830MH likes this.

Last edited by ty97; Jun 1, 2022 at 7:46 pm
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: Delta (Platinum), Hilton (Gold), Marriott (Gold), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by ty97
I don't have any official information, but I would guess it's likely for some time. The new 70s gates will open, but then at some point (soon I figure) the current 80s gates (former D1-D11) will have to close for demolition so they can finish building out the new 80s gates directly next to that current concourse (they've done a lot of work on it already, but the current 80s gates are a little in the way it seems). Then when the new 80s open, presumably the 60s will close for demo/rebuild or perhaps gut renovation (not sure how they are approaching that)

ETA: On the flipside of what i said above, the TPG link that N830MH posted claims
Yeah, per the article, it seems like we are only going to gain gates- and we haven't had any bus gates at LGA since at least the start of the pandemic, unless you count the bus connecting present-day C to D. Closest thing we have is the ground boarding gate formerly known as C26 (now it's gate 72, I think?), which isn't that bad IMHO. Looks like the gates that are currently in service will remain that way for now, and the 70-79 gates will open where the eastern C gates used to be. On those grounds, I doubt we'll have to deal with bus gates.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:48 pm

Any idea when the old 80s gates are due to close for demolition?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:14 pm

Programs: Delta (Platinum), Hilton (Gold), Marriott (Gold), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by BenyiC03
Probably when they’re ready to open the new 80s gates, if I had to guess- and that doesn’t look like it’s too far off. (I would guess the gates being blocked by the old Terminal D will go online later than the rest.) Sometime between then and when the former Terminal D is gone/the new 80s gates are fully operational is probably when they’ll renovate what’s left of C.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BenyiC03
I'd guess this Saturday. The new 70s gates provides the slack to do so, and tearing down that building is key to finishing the project.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:58 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Flying from the new LGA this weekend. Can confirm it's not longer the "worst airport in the US"
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:02 am

At least one of the pictures of Bubbys restaurant seemed to show that they didn't have the insanely horrible iPad/QR code ordering process. Does anyone know if that is going to be the norm for the other restaurants?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ty97
Sounds like perhaps the Sky Club is partially opening? From the glitzy Delta site:
Originally Posted by SchindHaughton
Probably when they’re ready to open the new 80s gates, if I had to guess- and that doesn’t look like it’s too far off. (I would guess the gates being blocked by the old Terminal D will go online later than the rest.) Sometime between then and when the former Terminal D is gone/the new 80s gates are fully operational is probably when they’ll renovate what’s left of C.
Some of the 80s gates, F concourse, will open later this summer.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 12:07 pm

Did anyone have a LGA flight today? Curious how day 1 ended up. Also, it appears from the terminal map on the web site that the former Terminal D Sky Club may be staying open for the time being. Anyone able to confirm? This might explain the partial new Sky Club opening and make up for the the long walk to the 80s gates from the headhouse (although I'd probably prefer the shiny new club). I have a flight on Wed and will be able to check out myself.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
I land there tomorrow. Apparently the new pier will open at the end of summer.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Will be there tomorrow too...could have taken a direct to BOS but have this strange predilection for shiny new skyclubs.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:47 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by dave456
Did anyone have a LGA flight today? Curious how day 1 ended up. Also, it appears from the terminal map on the web site that the former Terminal D Sky Club may be staying open for the time being. Anyone able to confirm? This might explain the partial new Sky Club opening and make up for the the long walk to the 80s gates from the headhouse (although I'd probably prefer the shiny new club). I have a flight on Wed and will be able to check out myself.
One of the TPG articles mentioned that the D club is staying open for a while, though the way it was framed in that article seems to suggest that it will be closed as soon as fall 2022 without the new club extension being opened until 2024, so hopefully the un-extended new club is big enough for all of LGA's demand.

I am going to be there tomorrow so we'll see how it works in practice but I imagine for NY-originating passengers people will reach the new club first and stop there since it will be near where you exit TSA, but I guess maybe the old club could be useful for some connecting passengers. Or given the way of seemingly all other new Sky Clubs, maybe the new club will be immediately overcrowded and the old club will become a secret reprieve for those in the know.

I am curious if, when seeing it in person, there is a logical reason why the new club isn't open to its full size yet, since I think it is all in the headhouse so it wouldn't seem to depend on the opening of future concourses. I guess I maybe can see a reason to have the Sky Deck not open yet, if the coming months are going to involve a lot of demolition of the old headhouses and roadways, with noise and dust that could make hanging out on the Sky Deck unpleasant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.