Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ijgordon
It’s absolutely still operating. It’s been operating since they closed the airside walkway between C and D because of…the construction.

Yep, I took it last week after a gate change.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by 21A
The overview map on the LGA website now shows C as 61-79 and the west pier of D as 81-89. The interactive map is not updated yet.
Thank you for posting this! I'm checked in for a flight out of LGA tomorrow and the app says Gate 83 and I couldn't figure out where that was. Now I know.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ShopAround
Thank you for posting this! I'm checked in for a flight out of LGA tomorrow and the app says Gate 83 and I couldn't figure out where that was. Now I know.
Here is the source -- https://laguardiaairport.com/at-airport/airport-maps
If you click on it, it goes to https://maps.laguardiaairport.com and you can zoom in on gates. It also shows the shuttle station locations (and the fact that there is no longer a walking connection between C gates and D gates).
I have a 38 minute connection on April 5th and it looks like my flight typically arrives in D and connecting flight depart from C. Not optimistic I'm going to make it.
ShopAround likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:03 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Thanks for the advice upthread; I had excellent transit karma last Friday after work with an empty Q70 from Roosevelt Avenue and a driver with a lead foot. I decided to do the walk from the bus stop at C to D (wasting some time as I failed to turn LEFT towards Terminal B when exiting the bus to get to the walking path) and when I arrived at D there were no lines at TSA security and I walked right up to PreCheck to clear.

My arrival this past Sunday on the DCA Shuttle was truly a LGA experience (and I note up front much of this was out of DL's control).
  • 3 hour delay due to weather-related ground stop at LGA, plus a DL metering program to prioritize arrivals
  • Go-around on final to Runway 31 due to late departing aircraft on Runway 4; we were about 500 feet and over the "piano keys." Enjoyed the scenic tour of NJ, Staten Island and Brooklyn before rejoining the arrivals pattern
  • 20 min hold on a remote taxiway after landing due to alleyway congestion at the D gates
  • Arrival into D97
  • Escalator down to street level not functioning so lugged bags down the stairs
  • Uber/Lyft pricing at 10pm to the Village was $60+ from D.
  • Walked over to the taxi stand at D with about 10 people in front of us. However, no taxis in the queue and very sporadic arrivals so it was about at 20 min wait in the freezing weather to get a cab. During this time the taxi line grew to about 30 people behind us and Uber/Lyft surge pricing was $100+ I saw a lot of people walking down the roadway from D so perhaps the rideshare pickup there was a total mess.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Thanks for the advice upthread; I had excellent transit karma last Friday after work with an empty Q70 from Roosevelt Avenue and a driver with a lead foot. I decided to do the walk from the bus stop at C to D (wasting some time as I failed to turn LEFT towards Terminal B when exiting the bus to get to the walking path) and when I arrived at D there were no lines at TSA security and I walked right up to PreCheck to clear.

My arrival this past Sunday on the DCA Shuttle was truly a LGA experience (and I note up front much of this was out of DL's control).
  • 3 hour delay due to weather-related ground stop at LGA, plus a DL metering program to prioritize arrivals
  • Go-around on final to Runway 31 due to late departing aircraft on Runway 4; we were about 500 feet and over the "piano keys." Enjoyed the scenic tour of NJ, Staten Island and Brooklyn before rejoining the arrivals pattern
  • 20 min hold on a remote taxiway after landing due to alleyway congestion at the D gates
  • Arrival into D97
  • Walked over to the taxi stand at D with about 10 people in front of us. However, no taxis in the queue and very sporadic arrivals so it was about at 20 min wait in the freezing weather to get a cab. During this time the taxi line grew to about 30 people behind us and Uber/Lyft surge pricing was $100+ I saw a lot of people walking down the roadway from D so perhaps the rideshare pickup there was a total mess.
There is an elevator available.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
True, but cutting over to it whilst in the middle of the herd rushing to the taxi stand is not for the faint of heart.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian

• Arrival into D97
What a difference a week makes. I landed at LGA yesterday afternoon and had a very different experience. Other than the long walk from D96, it was uneventful. Escalator down to baggage claim is now working. Lyft to the Kips Bay area was $40 and it came in five minutes, with just a handful of people in the rideshare pickup area. I do think the weather made a difference, since there was just a light drizzle when I arrived. Fortunately, all my upcoming flights in the near and not so near future are JFK, so I'm hoping I can avoid LGA until the construction is done.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
We are in mid April now, any updated timeline?

EDIT - looks like I found my answer, Ed said June in the conference call today.
bgriff and Skyboy2006 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I got burned by this yesterday. Roadway signs outside still only say C or D, and the app only gave numbers. Driver needed an answer, so I flipped a coin and and lost. Now I know, 80s and up are the D, 60s and 70s are C, but this transition definitely could/can still have been managed better.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by atldiamond
You can't do SDC from LGA to JFK. It's against rules. Used to be enabled in the app but it hasn't shown as an option the last few times I've tried
Originally Posted by atldiamond
Interesting. I see the option again in my app for my flight tomorrow. Was not there last week and there was availability on flights out of other NYC airports.
I was going to miss my connection in JFK last week, so I opened the app to see my SDC change options. There was one more flight that day to my destination via LGA. The app suggested the LGA flight and I was able to switch my ticket no problem, all in app with no need to call.

I'm DM and I was on a paid first class ticket, but considering I dealt only with the app, I wouldn't think my status would make a difference.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:06 pm

Programs: Delta (Platinum), Hilton (Gold), Marriott (Gold), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by enoscabell
I was going to miss my connection in JFK last week, so I opened the app to see my SDC change options. There was one more flight that day to my destination via LGA. The app suggested the LGA flight and I was able to switch my ticket no problem, all in app with no need to call.

I'm DM and I was on a paid first class ticket, but considering I dealt only with the app, I wouldn't think my status would make a difference.
IRROPS-related changes are different from SDCs. If you're flying LGA-MSP-DSM and one of your segments gets delayed, the app will let you have your choice of same day rebooking options- even if those options leave out of JFK/EWR instead. Officially, only Diamonds can do that without IRROPS being a factor, however (although I have had a rep switch me from an overbooked EWR-ATL segment to an empty LGA-ATL segment same day at no charge, even before I became a Medallion).

Your message also makes it sound like your layover was at JFK- the discussion about SDCs between JFK/LGA/EWR only applies if your trip ends/begins at one of the three. If it's just a layover, DL doesn't care (just as the case would be if you switched from a DTW layover to an MSP layover).
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:04 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by ajggiant
I got burned by this yesterday. Roadway signs outside still only say C or D, and the app only gave numbers. Driver needed an answer, so I flipped a coin and and lost. Now I know, 80s and up are the D, 60s and 70s are C, but this transition definitely could/can still have been managed better.
The app lists Terminal C or D in small text.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by SchindHaughton
IRROPS-related changes are different from SDCs. If you're flying LGA-MSP-DSM and one of your segments gets delayed, the app will let you have your choice of same day rebooking options- even if those options leave out of JFK/EWR instead. Officially, only Diamonds can do that without IRROPS being a factor, however (although I have had a rep switch me from an overbooked EWR-ATL segment to an empty LGA-ATL segment same day at no charge, even before I became a Medallion).

Your message also makes it sound like your layover was at JFK- the discussion about SDCs between JFK/LGA/EWR only applies if your trip ends/begins at one of the three. If it's just a layover, DL doesn't care (just as the case would be if you switched from a DTW layover to an MSP layover).
The flight coming into JFK was actually a separate ticket from the flight departing JFK (that was changed to La Guardia) - two separate bookings. Of course, both flights showed up in the app, but I don't know that the app is smart enough to tie the two together.

I made the change in airports after we landed on time into JFK but sat at the gate without deplaning for an hour and I realized that I was never going to make the connection (which I guess wasn't technically a connection) in time. So, I don't believe this change would have registered as IRROPS since the flight into JFK showed as having arrived.

To make matters more fun, once I made it to La Guardia, after waiting a few hours, my flight was canceled due to weather, so I ended up flying back home the following day from JFK once again because that was the only open seat I could find.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'm not sure why Delta management in New York hate Cleveland so much, but whenever I'm flying the Big D between the Big Apple and Hopkins the flight I'm on gets the worst gate assignments; B51 and B55 at JFK, and, this Tuesday, gate 98 at LGA. I actually got to take the longest walk possible in the "new" LGA terminal as I had to go from Gate 98 to Gate 85A. This was actually pretty manageable, as it was like going from Gate D12 to Gate C12 in the old SLC, and the SkyClub was in between.

I would note one positive: for sports fans, the large window next to Gate 98 affords a glorious view of both Citi Field and Louis Armstrong Stadium.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I have read through and tried to follow all the changes - and it does look like things are changing regularly. We change planes in LGA tomorrow, 70 minute connection. Arrive Gate 84 (ish) so D. Depart C. Looks like from the last report that airside shuttle is an option, is the ONLY option? Obv we'll look at signage when we arrive, but trying to figure out in advance if possible. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.