Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by tearex
Some pictures from tonight:

The bathrooms were pretty spacious too.

It is about a 10-12 min leisurely walk from the D SkyClub to the start of the terminal.
10-12 minutes Jesus 🙄
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
I can't tell from the angle exactly but is that a USB-C charging port lit up in blue? So 2 three prong receptacles, regular USB, and a USB-C outlet? Nice if that is the case!
Looks like it to me!
The next question is whether it has enough power to support fast-charging (or even support laptop charging). The typical USB-A adapters on airplanes and in airports are often underpowered so I usually just use my own adapter in a regular outlet.
And then I guess the last question is whether these are secure...
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
I can't tell from the angle exactly but is that a USB-C charging port lit up in blue? So 2 three prong receptacles, regular USB, and a USB-C outlet? Nice if that is the case!
It is indeed USB-C.

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
10-12 minutes Jesus 🙄
Faster than that if you walk at a brisk NYer pace.

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Looks like it to me!
The next question is whether it has enough power to support fast-charging (or even support laptop charging). The typical USB-A adapters on airplanes and in airports are often underpowered so I usually just use my own adapter in a regular outlet.
And then I guess the last question is whether these are secure...
It seemed to have the "fast-charging" symbol on the panel, but I didn't try it due to the security thing.
AeRoSpaceman and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
Yea I have family flying the Shuttle tomorrow and it’s all showing C gates....interesting.
and now my flight home tonight moved from d98 to c32
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Do we think Delta changed course about putting the Shuttles so far away from the clubs? I couldn’t find any DCA Shuttle that was operating out of the new gates.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:12 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Do we think Delta changed course about putting the Shuttles so far away from the clubs? I couldn’t find any DCA Shuttle that was operating out of the new gates.
I'm pretty sure the original press coverage said the Shuttle would move to the new gates in December next week (presumably after they had a few weeks to get used to operating in the new space)?

ETA: noted here https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...dia-concourse/
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Shuttle begins at Concourse G now November 16.

https://news.delta.com/delta-shuttle...ginning-nov-16

Also says headhouse opens early 2022. Wonder if Concourse E will open before or at same time. Seems E & F will be the nicest concourses from the renderings.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
Precheck and Clear w/Precheck is now using the new security area setup to the right of main security in Terminal D, instead of the left as it was previously.

As for the future Concourse G, the biggest improvement has to be the bathrooms. The C/D bathrooms are in such sorry shape and poorly configured.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by JFKflyer26
Shuttle begins at Concourse G now November 16.

https://news.delta.com/delta-shuttle...ginning-nov-16

Also says headhouse opens early 2022. Wonder if Concourse E will open before or at same time. Seems E & F will be the nicest concourses from the renderings.
I’ll be at LGA Saturday and Sunday so I’m looking forward to visiting the new concourse.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ajggiant
Precheck and Clear w/Precheck is now using the new security area setup to the right of main security in Terminal D, instead of the left as it was previously.

As for the future Concourse G, the biggest improvement has to be the bathrooms. The C/D bathrooms are in such sorry shape and poorly configured.
Take note of this: as stated above, the clear/pre check security has shifted to the right. Not a huge deal, but i saw a few people yesterday mistakenly go to the old locations and had to be re routed. The new location seemed way faster, but that could have just been me. It didnt have the mandatory trays, etc.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ekozie
Ugh, I had to stop reading when they referred to Flushing Bay as the East River. TPG's content has gone to crap in a handbasket with no editorial or journalistic qualities left, just pure shill.
OT, but the sad thing is that the real original TPG (Brian) would know this as he lived in the NYC area for years, IIRC in one of the trendy neighborhoods (Williamsburg?) near the East River.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Take note of this: as stated above, the clear/pre check security has shifted to the right. Not a huge deal, but i saw a few people yesterday mistakenly go to the old locations and had to be re routed. The new location seemed way faster, but that could have just been me. It didnt have the mandatory trays, etc.
Also to note - PreCheck still closes around there around 8pm.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
Finally. It's nice. No shock. Only one set of bathrooms but big and airy. Still clean . Three minute walk from security. No biggy. As previously noted pre check moved to the right. Was fast but the guy in front of me had a random check and they had to walk him around to the original area for that. The escalators from the new headhouse are not installed but that entrance is quite high. Three stories easy. I'll try not to repeat photos already posted. Landing there again tonight.

Long temp hallway

Snazzy logo at future base of escalators from headhouse

No SkyClub anywhere.

Super curious where they're making these h and h bagels. I assume at Central plant in Manhattan.

iPads everywhere. You can't hide.

Giant fancy displays.

The rest of the terminal slowly tapers, reducing seating.

One set of restrooms.

O shaped restroom with stalls on both sides. Two walls of sinks.

Gates 92 and 93 have the most seating by far.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
10-12 minutes Jesus 🙄
It took me 13 minutes to go from D98 to C40 so I did not think much of it considering how huge JFK or LAX is.
bgriff likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by ekozie
Ugh, I had to stop reading when they referred to Flushing Bay as the East River. TPG's content has gone to crap in a handbasket with no editorial or journalistic qualities left, just pure shill.
of all the things to nitpick with TPG this seems like a really weird one
Attached Images  
bgriff and manacit like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.