Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Skyboy2006
Just landed. g opens Monday. Gates are all cleared and ready to go. Prominent lit Delta branding above each gate. Construction equipment moving into place next to the soon to be demolished pier at c too. Flying back tomorrow night - will miss the first day. Bummer.
Thanks for the update! Please snap some photos if you can.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
There is another bus gate in Terminal C (I believe C43?) that AA had used in the past when they were still in C.
I am not certain if that space is there anymore. IIRC, after AA moved out, DL renovated that area to expand baggage claim, thus putting the old hold room space outside of security. I'm not 100% certain but that's my recollection from last time I passed through: after going down the escalator, rather than walking through a bus gate seating area, I just exited the secure area.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by ty97
I am not certain if that space is there anymore. IIRC, after AA moved out, DL renovated that area to expand baggage claim, thus putting the old hold room space outside of security. I'm not 100% certain but that's my recollection from last time I passed through: after going down the escalator, rather than walking through a bus gate seating area, I just exited the secure area.
That sounds like the low-C area (next to be demolished) or the way high-C exit has always been. AFAIK, the high-C bus gate was used after the AA/US merger to shuttle to the CTB concourses, and was somewhere between C39 and C42. Thankfully I never needed use it.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ty97
I thought about that the other day after arriving at LGA. Back in the US days, I departed many times on the Air Wisconsin operated CR2’s from the lower level gates C43/C44. All the signage and seating is gone from that area but I think the door was still there to the ramp. It looked different for sure, but that may just be from the lack of staging.

When did Spirit move to C42 (and maybe C41 as well)?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
Delta

is clearly updating their maps!

No sign of a new shuttle security area though.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Interesting that westjet check in has moved. does that mean westjet passengers need to walk from C to D after checking in or are they moving to a C gate?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:28 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
Interesting that westjet check in has moved. does that mean westjet passengers need to walk from C to D after checking in or are they moving to a C gate?
Presumably they wanted the D check-in space for dedicated Shuttle check-in. According to WestJet flight status, looks like they are now using C35.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Delta

is clearly updating their maps!

No sign of a new shuttle security area though.
Interesting that the updated map with no Low C concourse still shows the lower level bus gates C12 and C14. I wonder if they're converting space under the walkway, which could get very, very crowded.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by ekozie
Interesting that the updated map with no Low C concourse still shows the lower level bus gates C12 and C14. I wonder if they're converting space under the walkway, which could get very, very crowded.
Or they could be starting demolition from the far end of the concourse / moving the bus gates later but I agree will be more unpleasant than usual at those gates for the next while
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:09 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Any on-the-ground reports this week? According to the departures list at flightview.com it looks like the eastern C gates are still in use, for now.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I flew out of D93 midday on Sunday and what I did like was the seats seem to all (or mostly) have chargers between them. It was overall a pleasant surprise. A couple of the eateries had people with samples on trays offering it to flyers walking by. Little complimentary water bottles on a table the gate at with balloons for decoration.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
My first shuttle flight since the opening is tomorrow and it shows c29.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
My first shuttle flight since the opening is tomorrow and it shows c29.
Yea I have family flying the Shuttle tomorrow and it’s all showing C gates....interesting.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:18 pm

Some pictures from tonight:

The bathrooms were pretty spacious too.

It is about a 10-12 min leisurely walk from the D SkyClub to the start of the terminal.
bgriff and silverthief2 like this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by tearex
Some pictures from tonight:

I can't tell from the angle exactly but is that a USB-C charging port lit up in blue? So 2 three prong receptacles, regular USB, and a USB-C outlet? Nice if that is the case!
HKG_Flyer1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.