Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
What gates are going to close next as a result of this? Hopefully it’s the low C Gates (C15-C24) as they are always way overcrowded and poorly lit.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by TOPGUN750
Local news reports say next Monday November 4th is the start of passenger service.
Thanks - I had missed that in my (admittedly cursory) trawl of the local news this morning. I don't have any DL travel planned anytime soon, so I sadly won't get a chance to check it out while it still has that new-concourse smell, but hopefully soon!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...dia-concourse/
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
Thanks - I had missed that in my (admittedly cursory) trawl of the local news this morning. I don't have any DL travel planned anytime soon, so I sadly won't get a chance to check it out while it still has that new-concourse smell, but hopefully soon!
TPG says shuttle Nov 15. We will see. I fly the shuttle weekly and sometimes 2x so I'll post pics and notes for y'all.
sspontak and M60_to_LGA like this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
What gates are going to close next as a result of this? Hopefully it’s the low C Gates (C15-C24) as they are always way overcrowded and poorly lit.
Originally Posted by ekozie
Looks like you're in luck!
bgriff likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Ugh, I had to stop reading when they referred to Flushing Bay as the East River. TPG's content has gone to crap in a handbasket with no editorial or journalistic qualities left, just pure shill.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TOPGUN750
Local news reports say next Monday November 4th is the start of passenger service.
I have a flight out of LGA next Thursday. Going to get there early so I'll hopefully have time to check it out.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:34 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Looks like you're in luck!
I don't think anyone will miss that pier but I am still curious about where the remote stand aircraft that currently park in front of the G gates are going to go. And for that matter where those flights will board from, since the bus loading area is currently in the eastern-C gates (downstairs) as well.

The photo on that TPG article of the digital terminal map in the new pier already has the eastern-C gates disappeared, so presumably they're going to be closed very soon after the G gates open.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
I don't think anyone will miss that pier but I am still curious about where the remote stand aircraft that currently park in front of the G gates are going to go. And for that matter where those flights will board from, since the bus loading area is currently in the eastern-C gates (downstairs) as well.

The photo on that TPG article of the digital terminal map in the new pier already has the eastern-C gates disappeared, so presumably they're going to be closed very soon after the G gates open.
The old terminal had 33 jetbridge gates and the 4 hardstands. The new terminal will have 37 jetbridge gates, so no net gain in gates, simply a conversion of the hardstand gates to bridges.

The reason construction is so drawn out is to minimize gate impacts as much as possible. The new concourse is opening with seven gates before anything else closes. I believe the plan to minimize disruptions in the meantime is to draw schedules down on some frequent routes by a flight per day and try to have top-notch ops and dispatch as much as possible. It also helps that LGA operates on rolling basis, instead of being banked, due to slot distribution. Of course, I would still anticipate landing and waiting for a gate at peak times. Things should also get better from an ops standpoint as more dual taxiways come online (right now there are none on the apron).
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:48 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
The old terminal had 33 jetbridge gates and the 4 hardstands. The new terminal will have 37 jetbridge gates, so no net gain in gates, simply a conversion of the hardstand gates to bridges.

The reason construction is so drawn out is to minimize gate impacts as much as possible. The new concourse is opening with seven gates before anything else closes. I believe the plan to minimize disruptions in the meantime is to draw schedules down on some frequent routes by a flight per day and try to have top-notch ops and dispatch as much as possible. It also helps that LGA operates on rolling basis, instead of being banked, due to slot distribution. Of course, I would still anticipate landing and waiting for a gate at peak times. Things should also get better from an ops standpoint as more dual taxiways come online (right now there are none on the apron).
The finished new terminal will have more gates, but I was referring to the intermediate steps until we get there. The eastern-C pier has 8 contact gates plus the bus station, and all of that is closing potentially as soon as next week (see the photo I referenced in the TPG article) when the G gates open. So they'll need to continue to use remote stands, I was just curious where they'll depart from and where those planes will park.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:55 am

The finished new terminal will have more gates, but I was referring to the intermediate steps until we get there. The eastern-C pier has 8 contact gates plus the bus station, and all of that is closing potentially as soon as next week (see the photo I referenced in the TPG article) when the G gates open. So they'll need to continue to use remote stands, I was just curious where they'll depart from and where those planes will park.
I'll be genuinely surprised if we see any more remote stands from here out, but there's a stairway in D that Delta's used for busses in the past. Like I said, best I've heard is that it'll all be managed by the slight schedule contraction and better gate management throughout the day.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
There is another bus gate in Terminal C (I believe C43?) that AA had used in the past when they were still in C.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Deleted - others beat me to it!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Are they adjusting MCT given the new layout?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:40 am

Just landed. g opens Monday. Gates are all cleared and ready to go. Prominent lit Delta branding above each gate. Construction equipment moving into place next to the soon to be demolished pier at c too. Flying back tomorrow night - will miss the first day. Bummer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.