Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta’s LGA Concourse and Terminal Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by N830MH
No, this is not MMW scanner. It's brand new body scanner. It's different, not exactly same as MMW.
Quoting from the product description I linked to:

The R&S®QPS201 security scanner delivers high-precision and efficient security control while ensuring an unobtrusive and uncomplicated experience for scanned persons. It consists of a flat panel with thousands of transmitter antennas that emit extremely low-power millimeterwaves in very short succession and just as many receiver antennas.
It's a different scanner, but it uses the same basic MMW technology as the older model.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bennos
Quoting from the product description I linked to:

It's a different scanner, but it uses the same basic MMW technology as the older model.
As long as it's not one of those backscatter X-rays I'm fine with it.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by cmd320
As long as it's not one of those backscatter X-rays I'm fine with it.
TSA has already removed all backscatter machines. They replace to MMW.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Any ideas how Delta will speed up construction at LGA? They have talked about demolishing and rebuilding multiple concourses at once now. So it seems like Terminal D, and D gates would be next to go.
How would passengers access the G concourse then if Terminal D is gone?
Old Jun 14, 2020, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by JFKflyer26
Any ideas how Delta will speed up construction at LGA? They have talked about demolishing and rebuilding multiple concourses at once now. So it seems like Terminal D, and D gates would be next to go.
How would passengers access the G concourse then if Terminal D is gone?
They probably need to wait until the new DL headhouse building is complete in order to demolish the old Terminal D, which will still be needed to access the G gates in the interim. I believe the plan after G opened (this could have already happened) was to demolish the low C Gates (C15-C23) and start construction on the new concourse there.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 7:30 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
They probably need to wait until the new DL headhouse building is complete in order to demolish the old Terminal D, which will still be needed to access the G gates in the interim. I believe the plan after G opened (this could have already happened) was to demolish the low C Gates (C15-C23) and start construction on the new concourse there.
Has this happened yet? I haven't departed LGA since mid-March but it looked like something was going on with the low-C construction wise. I arrived in the high-C gates end of May, and staff weren't letting anyone go down toward security/low-C (only into the restrooms by the food court) so I wasn't sure if that was just to keep the terminal clear or if they were working on the low-C.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: DL D, UA 1k, Mar T
The DAL project is way behind schedule. The reduced traffic gives them an opportunity to move things around and catch up, but lots of moving pieces and B airlines need to play ball I imagine.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 8:14 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Any updates on LGA construction progress from anyone who's been to the airport recently (I haven't)? I assume the old eastern C concourse must have been torn down by now at least?

The first part of the second new concourse at the central terminal was announced to be opening next week:
N830MH likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 8:15 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
And further on this topic, the Bastian memo below mentions that Delta has started construction on a third new concourse at LGA. Any idea which one that is? I assume concourse G is the first and concourse E, where the eastern C gates used to be, is the second, but I assumed the other two couldn't start until the other two old piers (D and western C) were able to be closed, unless with low demand they've started to close certain gates early?

N830MH likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
And further on this topic, the Bastian memo below mentions that Delta has started construction on a third new concourse at LGA. Any idea which one that is? I assume concourse G is the first and concourse E, where the eastern C gates used to be, is the second, but I assumed the other two couldn't start until the other two old piers (D and western C) were able to be closed, unless with low demand they've started to close certain gates early?

https://twitter.com/byerussell/statu...901014017?s=11
Last week I was at LGA it looked like D1,2,3 are closed and they are starting to put posts in on the ramp. So that would be the new concourse F I believe.
bgriff likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 10:11 am

Also this is what the former low-C gates looked like last week.
bgriff and N830MH like this.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Some additional pics of the low C concourse being replaced from last week. New ramp concrete and building foundation and footers are in.

N830MH, AeRoSpaceman and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by allseas1586
Last week I was at LGA it looked like D1,2,3 are closed and they are starting to put posts in on the ramp. So that would be the new concourse F I believe.
It's the low C gates, soon to be the E concourse.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by ekozie
It's the low C gates, soon to be the E concourse.
In addition to the low C gates...something was definitely going on with D1/2/3 as the ramp was closed.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:04 pm

I noticed this trip notification for my flight next week out of LGA.

LGA Terminal ChangesBeginning September 1, the pedestrian bridgeway connecting Terminals C and D post-security at New York-LGA will closed to enable the construction of Delta’s new terminal complex. Please verify your departure terminal before arriving at the airport.
N830MH likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.