Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Amex Issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:27 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Global Entry Amex Issue

I have 2 GE Amex cards I got a few years ago as medallion benefit. The say on the front good through 4/24, on the back they say funds never expire. Went to use today to renew my GE and they wouldn't work. I called the number on them and automated system says balance is zero. Did I miss an enhancement where Delta inactivated these? I vaguely recall they aren't giving them out anymore but did they kill the ones we already had? I tried searching but if I missed it I apologize.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Lehava
I have 2 GE Amex cards I got a few years ago as medallion benefit. The say on the front good through 4/24, on the back they say funds never expire. Went to use today to renew my GE and they wouldn't work. I called the number on them and automated system says balance is zero. Did I miss an enhancement where Delta inactivated these? I vaguely recall they aren't giving them out anymore but did they kill the ones we already had? I tried searching but if I missed it I apologize.
Call AMEX. They can reissue the card or direct you to who at DL can help.
Lehava likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:19 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Thanks. Wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a change before calling
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I did this, the instructions were to apply for GE and charge the application fee to my eligible AmEx card. IIRC I got the credit for the cost immediately.
Lehava likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I did this, the instructions were to apply for GE and charge the application fee to my eligible AmEx card. IIRC I got the credit for the cost immediately.
I think OP is talking about the Choice Benefit for DM.
Lehava likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I think OP is talking about the Choice Benefit for DM.
I was wondering about that, but I don't see the relation to AmEx if it's a matter of a choice benefits selection.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:03 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Yes on choice benefits. They were essentially $100 amex cards that could only be used for purchasing GE
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:30 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

How the benefit was delivered

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.