Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Quick Way to generate a small ~1000 or less miles for a redemption? (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick Way to generate a small ~1000 or less miles for a redemption? (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
What are you looking to use these miles for? You could do an AirBNB, I'm pretty sure those only post after the stay though. Lyft posts within a day off of trip. It's been awhile since I've actively done the dining program, but my memory says within a day or two of actually eating there. If you have a skymiles credit card you could do that, but that's not instant at all. Of course there's actually flying. You could also but the miles you need from Delta. If you have Amex Membership Reward points you should transfer those to Delta, that's pretty quick. Skymiles shopping, those post within a day or two as well. Loads of ways to get miles. Oh and there's the new partnership with ticketmaster, though I know absolutely nothing about it.

(And people on here wonder why the cost of flights keeps increasing...)
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:47 am

Staying 1 night at a Hyatt should suffice, else $100 if you're a VIP on their dining program
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: Delta Plat
lyft a 250 dollar ride to an airport it's instant
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're trying to top off an account for an award ticket, you can buy a few miles from DL or transfer miles into your DL account, IIRC from AmEx MR points. They cost would be worth it for an award ticket you want. You can sometimes pay extra for a ticket to earn a couple thousand extra miles, but I've never considered doing this so I don't know the terms.

If you're concerned about status, note that these methods give you redeemable miles (RDMs) not status miles (MQMs).
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by discoseal
Staying 1 night at a Hyatt should suffice, else $100 if you're a VIP on their dining program
How?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta PM
I signed up for the SkyMiles dining program a while back. I don't actively search for restaurants, but, routinely get several hundred miles per outing. Once you get 11 visits to participating restaurants within a year you get 5 miles per dollar.

There's also a new member sign-up bonus. https://skymilesdining.com/Earn/new-member-bonus
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:35 am

One day car rentals always give me 500 Skymiles.
Traveler_boy_25 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How?
I too was wondering this. I was thinking Delta hadn't replaced Starwood Crossover. Which is true, they haven't. But, after some digging, numerous hotel brands allow you to earn airline miles instead hotel points. See this page on Delta.com for more information.

OP, check out this website for more details and ideas.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
If you have certain Delta AmEx credit cards, you can get an 'advance' on redeemable miles earned on those cards and then you have something like six months to spend enough on the card to cover the advance. Those advanced miles post pretty much instantly.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: DL-PM
Ticketmaster 3 points to the dollar until the end of Aug.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Question 24 miles short for redemption -- any instant options that you don't have to pay for?

I need 24 miles more to get the ticket I want.

Are there any instantly posting bonuses?

I remember from days past you might occasionally do a certain survey, sweepstakes, or email sign up and get miles in a jiffy. But I'm completely out of the loop these days.

Transfers from HHonors and Hertz don't appear to be instant.

The cash options I've found are:
  • Transfer 1,000 for $40
  • Purchase 2,000 for $70
  • Buy with points/miles, save 5,000 miles for $90

Last edited by Rut Dog; Oct 11, 2019 at 9:27 pm Reason: formatting -- why don't bullets and number lists indent?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:11 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
My Lyft rides usually post before I sit down in the Sky Club. That may be the fastest way to get tens of miles.
Rut Dog, ryw, mot29 and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by CKDGM
My Lyft rides usually post before I sit down in the Sky Club. That may be the fastest way to get tens of miles.
Is this the new mileage run?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold
came here to suggest a Lyft ride as well
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:52 pm

$24 ride or a $12 ride to the airport (double sky miles when you end or originate at the airport!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.