Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Around the World on (mostly) SkyTeam leaving Oct 30th

Around the World on (mostly) SkyTeam leaving Oct 30th

Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by aspenedelen
I started packing yesterday. Packing session #1 then Packing session (to remove unneeded) #2

Original picked clothing

Downsized picked clothing
Best travel advice - put out everything you want to take, then take half of it. And twice the money.

Especially if you are in a place like Bali, if you need something like shorts or a t-shirt, it's very easy and cheap to pick one up. But unused clothing is a burden for your entire trip.
aspenedelen likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:29 am

For this length of a trip, I would likely go with one pair of jeans, probably worn on departure and replace the second with a dressier pant (black?) that would help me gain entry into nicer restaurants, bars, etc. This list looks like you are ready for the resorts but you will also be in some very cosmopolitan cities. I know this isn't important to everyone and many people are happy to grab their meals in more casual venues but my feeling is I want to be ready for anything.
aspenedelen likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:34 am

Also, get a Kindle and bring all the books you want!
aspenedelen likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Best travel advice - put out everything you want to take, then take half of it. And twice the money.

Especially if you are in a place like Bali, if you need something like shorts or a t-shirt, it's very easy and cheap to pick one up. But unused clothing is a burden for your entire trip.
That is some crazy great information and I am literally doing exactly this right now on my living room floor.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
For this length of a trip, I would likely go with one pair of jeans, probably worn on departure and replace the second with a dressier pant (black?) that would help me gain entry into nicer restaurants, bars, etc. This list looks like you are ready for the resorts but you will also be in some very cosmopolitan cities. I know this isn't important to everyone and many people are happy to grab their meals in more casual venues but my feeling is I want to be ready for anything.
Completely forgot the slacks. Much appreciate this. Adding now
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
Also, get a Kindle and bring all the books you want!
Good call!
I've got one book packed which, for me, is more than enough. I have a bunch of podcasts as well as Google Music. I've also got Sirius XM for my EDM thrill wherever I'll have data
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I'd probably replace one pair of dress shoes with deck shoes or multi-purpose athletic shoes (lighter weight, better for walking, and much better than sandals if you need to get off the jet quickly)
aspenedelen likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
I'd probably replace one pair of dress shoes with deck shoes or multi-purpose athletic shoes (lighter weight, better for walking, and much better than sandals if you need to get off the jet quickly)
Exactly what I've done. I have one pair of dress shoes, sandals and running shoes in my bag.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 3:50 pm

OP - I just want to thank you so much for sharing this epic trip with us.

This is my dream kind of trip - I'll be living vicariously through your updates
aspenedelen likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdxkat
OP - I just want to thank you so much for sharing this epic trip with us.

This is my dream kind of trip - I'll be living vicariously through your updates
Thank you for this absolute Gold/Pure Awesomeness of a comment

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.