Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet nonstop or connect on Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Westjet nonstop or connect on Delta?

How bad is the west jet experience? I have an upcoming last min flight from lax to yvr and would really like to fly it nonstop. Getting MQDs for it would be very nice. I fly WN fairly regularly (though usually on short flights), is it similar? Thx
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:23 am

LAX to YVR is relatively short so stick with Westjet nonstop. You can pay a couple of bucks for front row main cabin or exit rows.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:10 am

I didn't mind my one experience with WestJet. Employees are very nice and helpful. If you have DL status, you can ask at the gate if they might have a better seat, and they will probably upgrade you to one of the plus seats (agents elsewhere are powerless to change seats). I would take the direct.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
I flew LAX-YVR on Westjet last week.
Next time I will pre-select and pay for a seat, since at check-in I got randomly assigned a window seat and I prefer aisle. My flight was full.
Flight was fine

edited to add, my noon flight was offering $13 for seat selection, and $33 for exit row seat selection. The pricing didn't change from booking (a month or more out) to the day be fore the flight.

Last year I think I paid $45 or $50 for an exit row on the same flight.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the opinions. I'll seriously consider the WestJet flights. Flight is Monday and a few flights were already sold out!
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd put WestJet at better than Spirit, and not as good as Southwest.

For me, they've never recognized my Delta status. I try to pay for better seats when I can find one worth paying for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.