FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Twitter messaging ramping up security? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1990652-twitter-messaging-ramping-up-security.html)

lucycan Oct 9, 2019 9:33 am

Twitter messaging ramping up security?

I sent a message in today to the Twitter team who are usually pretty good. I asked them about GUC availability on a flight 4 months out. They tell me:

Hello X, to protect the security of your account we require manual verification on each interaction, please verify your SkyMiles account number, full name, date of birth, and e-mail or mailing address. HBB

Mind you I'm not asking them to do anything with my account. Seems odd they need this info. And a waste of time.

hjz131 Oct 9, 2019 9:57 am

I think that is just a standard security thing they do. I always have a canned message with all my information that I just copy paste to twitter before I start my conversation.

dcadwell Oct 9, 2019 10:04 am

Yep. Have seen this same thing in recent months.

Often1 Oct 9, 2019 10:11 am

Good practice by DL. You can create a saved message with that data and simply include it with anything you send to DL.

flyerCO Oct 9, 2019 10:17 am

You already could "link" you account in your DL profile. I can get asking when what something done, but it serves no purpose when just asking a question. I wanted to know the menu for D1 for SEA-PVG, and still got the request.

Often1 Oct 9, 2019 12:17 pm

Easier & much, much more efficient to simply require it of everyone.

ElliottMB Oct 9, 2019 12:29 pm

They ask me nearly every time. I either copy a canned message like mentioned above, or even have sent a screenshot of the profile section of the delta app which seemed to work fine.

TuxTom Oct 9, 2019 2:26 pm

My most recent Twitter interactions asked for my full name, PNR, and ticket number. I don't ever recall having to verify my DoB or email on twitter, but usually have to on the phone.

Edit to add: Of course, both of those instances I was asking for a specific request or change for a specific flight. Not just a general inquiry.

SDQBound Oct 9, 2019 3:52 pm

As others say, it has become the norm. What I do is to copy the details I provided on a previous conversation and immediately paste them after my initial message.

lucycan Oct 10, 2019 7:30 am

Good points here. Thank you.

SSF556 Oct 10, 2019 11:38 am

They have been doing this for a while....I actually pre type the answers and guess what they will ask!

flyerwma Oct 10, 2019 11:42 am

My guess is that this is the result of the UK GDPR (general data protection regulation). Even though a UK regulation, it applies more broadly