Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Refund KLM econ-plus seat fees after applying Delta GUC to business?

Old Oct 8, 19, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

I have a Delta ticket which has two segments operated by KLM. There are 2 passengers one DL Diamond one DL Silver. At booking there was no GUC space, and GUCs can't be waitlisted on KLM. As I wanted to ensure Economy Comfort seats at a minimum, I paid separately (after ticketing) to have my companion placed in Econ Comfort with me (DL Silver has to pay, Diamond was free). Fast forward and I've been checking for GUC space and some just opened up. I applied the GUC and we are now in business cabin. Is it possible to apply for a refund for the KLM econ comfort fees for the DL Silver since the upgrade went thru?
Old Oct 9, 19, 9:35 am

Programs: Status? What's status?
I would guess chances of a refund are slim to none. Generally, any sort of seat selection fees or paid upgrades are completely non-refundable, probably buried in the small text on either the purchase page or receipt that you recieved.
Mr. Tickets likes this.
Old Oct 9, 19, 1:19 pm
TTT

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/cus..._selection.htm

Section 3 discusses refunds. There is a link to the refund form there as well but it doesn't look like this scenario qualifies.
Old Oct 9, 19, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, the terms and conditions link is solid. Seems like a no.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: