Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does DL Interline Bags to UX (AirEuropa)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does DL Interline Bags to UX (AirEuropa)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Originally Posted by mayhem
Bumping this thread up again. Flying on a DL ticketed and operated flight JFK-MAD but then connecting on a MAD-IBZ UX operated and marketed flight with only 3hrs to spare. If there is some delay (like just yesterday) then I don't have enough time to recheck my bags.

If "most will do it if they know how" applies, any guidance on what to point to them or what to have with me (e.g., mobile boarding pass for next flight)? With newer agents you sometimes literally have to tell them what to do (which is fine/understandable if they're new).

As always - yes I am aware this is a risk I take by not booking 1 ticket but this was the only option to make a complicated itinerary work, so worst case I'm stuck in MAD.
Unfortunately I don't have specifics but just did this a couple weeks back originating in ATL. Desk agent said it couldn't be done...I was polite but firm and said I disagreed and asked if she could at least ask someone before I gave up. She brought over a supervisor who I had to spoon-feed what I was wanting to do (including the UX airline code...which eventually she found on one of their 'policy' sites as she wasn't familiar at all with Air Europa). In the end we got it done. As this was a work trip, I had quite a few coworkers with similar connections -- the ones who originated in GSP actually didn't have a problem at all (but theirs were on a single PNR whereas mine was across two)
mayhem likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
It’s been a few years, but I had a RDU agent check our bags onto a UX flight RDU-ATL-MAD-BCN if memory serves. The MAD-BCN was a separate ticket, but I provided my booking info and the agent was happy to check it the whole way. We even got upgraded on the MADBCN A330 because of my DM status. That was a nice surprise.
mayhem likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Forgot to report back on this. Yes it is still possible to interline from DL to UX as of June 2022. The first check in agent did not know what interlining a bag for a through check was so the more senior one came over and spent a minute typing things up and got it done without any problem.
If anyone connects from DL to UX in Madrid do note that it's 30-45' of walking and going through passport control since they are currently in different terminals.
Will try to do the same interline checking of a bag from DL to ITA next week, hope that goes as smoothly!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Forgot to report back on this. Yes it is still possible to interline from DL to UX as of June 2022. The first check in agent did not know what interlining a bag for a through check was so the more senior one came over and spent a minute typing things up and got it done without any problem.
If anyone connects from DL to UX in Madrid do note that it's 30-45' of walking and going through passport control since they are currently in different terminals.
Will try to do the same interline checking of a bag from DL to ITA next week, hope that goes as smoothly!
Not DL-UX, but in a similar example, I flew JFK-ATH-CFU (Corfu) a few weeks ago, with ATH-CFU operated by Sky Express (GQ). I had ATH-CFU on a separate ticket, since I couldn't figure out how to get it on one ticket when I booked. The TA at the SP counter at JFK had to ask another, more senior agent for help to get ATH-CFU added to the bag tag, but the senior agent managed to do it within about 5 mins (without hesitation - just took her a moment to input the details). I was surprised at how seamless it was!
mayhem likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Forgot to report back on this. Yes it is still possible to interline from DL to UX as of June 2022. T...connects from DL to UX in Madrid do note that it's 30-45' of walking...
That walk is kinda weird/creepy isn't it? I felt like we were going somewhere we shouldn't be allowed to go for the first half of it
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:23 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by spin2nd
That walk is kinda weird/creepy isn't it? I felt like we were going somewhere we shouldn't be allowed to go for the first half of it
haha indeed. It felt odd because I was all by myself for most of it. Also only 1 immigration agent so I wonder if there's ever a long line there, but then 8 rows of security with no line at all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.