Transavia Seat Selection

Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Transavia Seat Selection

Mods, wherever this thread belongs please put it there. My stream of consciousness leads me to believe the DL forum is a good starting point.

Mrs tvtd and I have have a trip to HER. It was booked through Delta Vacation. The whole itinerary is on 006 ticket stock if that makes any difference, XXX-DTW-AMS-HER. The return is reversed. XXX-DTW is all DL. DTW-AMS is KL flight number, operated by DL. AMS-HER is KL coded, operated by Transavia. I have confirmed seats on all flights except AMS-HER and the return HER-AMS. I have three different six-digit confirmation numbers, one from DL Vaca, one that I believe is KL, and the third which I also believe to be Transavia. None of those six-digit confirmation numbers work on Transavia's website.

In an effort get seats confirmed (ie together) I talked to a SkyClub agent, the Diamond Line, the DL Vacations folks, and KLM. All of them were able to see my itinerary, none of them had access to seat maps.

I have two questions. First, if anyone here has flown this airline and have had luck getting seats assigned, would you be able to clue me in? Second, should this be an open-seating airline, what are the chances mrs tvtd and I will be able to sit together if we have to wait until we get to the gate at AMS?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM
Transavia will not assign seats on a code share flight. They will assign if you book on a Transavia flight (non codeshare). There is no way around that.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Transavia will not assign seats on a code share flight. They will assign if you book on a Transavia flight (non codeshare). There is no way around that.
That confirms my suspicions with all the time and trouble I spent on the phone today.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Transavia definitely has assigned seating, so not an open-seating airline. Perhaps try to use the conformation numbers on the KLM.nl website, since Transavia is a KLM subsidiary?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 5:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dutch101
Transavia definitely has assigned seating, so not an open-seating airline. Perhaps try to use the conformation numbers on the KLM.nl website, since Transavia is a KLM subsidiary?
Doesn't work that way. The fact that Transavia is a KLM subsidiary doesn't mean that KLM and Transavia's operations exchange data beyond what is necessary, and both airlines have distinct systems. Currently, it's not possible to get assigned seats on Transavia if flying on Codeshare flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.