Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback

Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:22 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by spongenotbob
I had to uninstall the app, then re-download from the App Store, to get 5.1. Another iOS 13 bug probably...

Anyway, 5.1 is much better. Seems they might read this thread after all. Seat map is usable again.

Go Delta.
Even after an uninstall/reinstall I'm still on 5.0.1 (Android). Guess I will need to keep waiting.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by TTT
Even after an uninstall/reinstall I'm still on 5.0.1 (Android). Guess I will need to keep waiting.
Same here (Android). I'm pretty sure Google just hasn't pushed the update to everyone (or anyone who isn't lucky?).
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Definitely buggy on the meal preselect front. Error messages when trying to select meal--although their system shows that the pre-select went through after a call to CS, so likely a display issue.

I can't say enough how much I miss the old, sharp interface of the app. These colors are so awful.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: Status... we don't need no stinkin' status
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
You can now also pre-select meals in the app 21 days prior to departure.
Too bad you can't save your meal.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM
So, can someone help me understand something with this app? My flight in 2 weeks shows there are 3 FC seats available when I click "upgrade/standby list". However, when I click on seats, all the FC seats are grayed out. Also, when I search for FC seat for this flight under booking, it says sold out. What's going on here?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 7:06 pm

AA's app now includes the ability to verify passports using the NFC reader in a phone, eliminating the need to go to an agent or a kiosk to check passports.

This would be a nice feature for the DL app.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by golfr
So, can someone help me understand something with this app? My flight in 2 weeks shows there are 3 FC seats available when I click "upgrade/standby list". However, when I click on seats, all the FC seats are grayed out. Also, when I search for FC seat for this flight under booking, it says sold out. What's going on here?
Same thing on my last flights.. First Class and Comfort Plus all grayed out for no reason in the app..
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
App still having issues with pre-selecting a meal in D1. It will let me pick a meal, but it won't save. Keeps just giving me the option to click on the next flight or go back to the previous flight even after selections have been made.
Wow, annoying. What's even more annoying is that I didn't get an email to select an entree and it appears you can't do it on DL.com either. Chatted with CS through the app and they made the selection for me.
Old May 17, 2020, 3:01 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Just noticed that the app now supports fingerprint/biometric login.

"Biometric login is now available - simply use your face or fingerprint (device dependent) to quickly log into Fly Delta"

App info says version 5.3, updated April 16th.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Saw a 5.4 update being reported by IOS users in the FB DM group, and I see it on Android today as well.

From the "What's New"

* As part of Delta’s effort to make travel safer during COVID-19, middle seats have been blocked from selection on the seat map for certain aircrafts
* Now you can view, manage and use your eCredits under My Wallet
* Have a frequent flyer number with LATAM? Now you can earn LATAM frequent flyer miles when traveling on Delta Flights, just enter your number under Profile
* We’ve made a number of changes behind the scenes that should make the app faster and more reliable
Old Jun 30, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: DL DM 3MM 360
I'm not showing any android updates yet. Maybe it's being rolled out?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by p100a
I'm not showing any android updates yet. Maybe it's being rolled out?
I imagine so -- I did not see any Android update yesterday when the iPhone users started discussing it, but it appeared for me just now before I posted when I checked again. I don't know the nitty gritty details of how app updates are made available to the entire user population but a staged rollout wouldn't surprise me at all...
Old Jun 30, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by Zorak
Saw a 5.4 update being reported by IOS users in the FB DM group, and I see it on Android today as well.

From the "What's New"

* As part of Delta’s effort to make travel safer during COVID-19, middle seats have been blocked from selection on the seat map for certain aircrafts
* Have a frequent flyer number with LATAM? Now you can earn LATAM frequent flyer miles when traveling on Delta Flights, just enter your number under Profile
* We’ve made a number of changes behind the scenes that should make the app faster and more reliable
the ecredits just lead the user to the website...
Old Jun 30, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I'm using 5.3.1 on Android 11.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak

From the "What's New"

When I opened the app after updating this afternoon the app talks about being able to pay for an upgrade after you've already checked in as the main update in the version.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.