Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by eneq
I may be way behind the 8-ball on this one, but has anyone else noticed how the Virgin Atlantic app is almost the exact same as the Delta app? Same skin, just different colors.
DL owns 49% of virgin. Probably the same team developed the apps and just changed the colors...efficient ha
gooselee likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by emma dog
I wonder if they made the last seat map so bad to make us think the new one is soooooo good.
LOL...good point. It's still butt ugly, but at least it's readable now.
Tine Rod likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
DL owns 49% of virgin. Probably the same team developed the apps and just changed the colors...efficient ha
This. Website is the exact same engine, too. Has been since soon after the DL stake.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:46 am

I have not yet received the update to 5.1. Is there anyway to force the update or do I just have to wait? I am on Android.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rjack22
I have not yet received the update to 5.1. Is there anyway to force the update or do I just have to wait? I am on Android.
Load the Playstore. Search for DL app or go to the updates section. Either should have button to update
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:29 am

The Playstore is not showing Fly Delta 5.1 as the current version. It is still 5.01. I guess I just have to wait.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rjack22
The Playstore is not showing Fly Delta 5.1 as the current version. It is still 5.01. I guess I just have to wait.
Weird. The playstore is where I downloaded from yesterday and when I go in, it shows 5.1. I posted in another thread a screenshot from within the app showing 5.1.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Weird. The playstore is where I downloaded from yesterday and when I go in, it shows 5.1. I posted in another thread a screenshot from within the app showing 5.1.
I don't know the details of publishing mobile apps but it wouldn't surprise me if updates are rolled out to users in stages either by the publisher or by Google or both. Guess I'll just keep checking back periodically
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
I don't know the details of publishing mobile apps but it wouldn't surprise me if updates are rolled out to users in stages either by the publisher or by Google or both. Guess I'll just keep checking back periodically
I had to uninstall the app, then re-download from the App Store, to get 5.1. Another iOS 13 bug probably...

Anyway, 5.1 is much better. Seems they might read this thread after all. Seat map is usable again.

Go Delta.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Meal selection keeps erroring out on me
HeadInTheClouds likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
The silver on silver looks awful to me.

Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
You can now also pre-select meals in the app 21 days prior to departure.
Saw that too. I love that the preselect meal option is available in the app now, long overdue. But 21 days sounds pretty ambitious. Will be interesting to see if and/or how often the catering changes within T minus 3 weeks.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mspdoc
Saw that too. I love that the preselect meal option is available in the app now, long overdue. But 21 days sounds pretty ambitious. Will be interesting to see if and/or how often the catering changes within T minus 3 weeks.
I don’t think this will be much of a problem. AA has been doing this for a few years now with no major issues and I believe they let you select meals up to 30 days prior to departure.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mspdoc
Meals dont change that often with DL.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL DM
Just some minor feedback regarding the new meal pre-select in the app: The app notes say the segment should be eligible to pre-select a meal at 21 days from "check-in." I can confirm that the more accurate statement is that meal selection becomes available at 21 days from "departure." This is even true on exception routes that do not list a meal being served, but one does actually occur. Example: SEA-ANC that departs after the dinner cutoff window. The "dinner" option is never listed, but a meal is always served. Sure enough, at 21 days from departure the option becomes available. Return portions of itineraries will become available as that individual segment hits the 21 day window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.