FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1990287-delta-app-5-x-opinions-feedback.html)

eneq Nov 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 31632512)
This is exactly the loading (or not loading) behavior I've experienced the last few weeks. Annoying enough that Ive taken to getting paper BPs again if I have time (I also screenshot the mobile BP, but sometimes it rotates while trying to scan and makes the whole process wonky).

I'm glad I'm not the only person experiencing this. On all my recent flights, I can pull up my BP through the app fine all the way until right before boarding starts. I've had to get out of the boarding line twice because the My Trips page is empty in my app. It really sucked yesterday at NRT when I almost missed the transfer bus because my BP wouldn't load. Thankfully, the driver was willing to let me on the bus after I told him as much flight info as possible :D.

There's gotta be some glitch related to when the app updates your trip to "boarding". I've finally started saving my BPs, but I'm a little ashamed of myself that it took so long.

flyerCO Nov 16, 2019 2:38 pm

I cant get it to recognize I'm checked in, if checkin outside the app. It just acts like I never checked in. Sometimes it'll even show the eBP but show me as not checked in. If its before checkin cutoff, I can click checkin, but then it resets my checkin. This means if I had shown my passport to an agent, it'll now make me show it again. If after cutoff, I simply no longer can get eBP as it says I'm too late.

Aggravating!

zulu1128 Nov 20, 2019 10:25 am

5.1 update is out...seatmap fixed! 👍

Tine Rod Nov 20, 2019 10:47 am

Originally Posted by zulu1128 (Post 31758397)
5.1 update is out...seatmap fixed! 👍

What device are you on? No changes in my iPhone.

great to hear nonetheless!

zulu1128 Nov 20, 2019 10:49 am

IPhone 11Pro. Just refreshed the updates available on the App Store and it was there

MCO Flyer Nov 20, 2019 10:55 am

You can now also pre-select meals in the app 21 days prior to departure.

Tine Rod Nov 20, 2019 11:11 am

Originally Posted by zulu1128 (Post 31758488)
IPhone 11Pro. Just refreshed the updates available on the App Store and it was there

Sweet updating now. I thought these were automated for some reason.

Tine Rod Nov 20, 2019 11:17 am

Wow. Soooo much better.

gooselee Nov 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Hope 5.1 gets to Android soon.

Checked in for a flight this morning. Booked in FC/Delta One from the start (Z fare).
After entering passport into, it asks me to confirm my upgrade requests to C+/F.

I left the app and checked in via website, then back to the app for mobile BPs.

Ryno1234 Nov 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Tine Rod (Post 31758591)
Wow. Soooo much better.

agree. And this may sound minor, but i LOVE the new seat map that shows your initials in the seat you have selected. I had trouble remembering if my seat was the green one or red one!!

Im a simpleton.

gooselee Nov 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ryno1234 (Post 31759004)
agree. And this may sound minor, but i LOVE the new seat map that shows your initials in the seat you have selected. I had trouble remembering if my seat was the green one or red one!!

Im a simpleton.

I also like the idea of the initials on the seat map, and IIRC have booked with other airlines that do this.

However, my wife is my most common travel companion, and we have the same initials. FOILED! :p

Tine Rod Nov 20, 2019 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 31759267)
I also like the idea of the initials on the seat map, and IIRC have booked with other airlines that do this.

However, my wife is my most common travel companion, and we have the same initials. FOILED! :p

I’ve been on some Asian carriers that do the initials, some even have an avatar. ,

GagaPilot Nov 20, 2019 3:22 pm

Updated my app to the 5.01 version today.

I have a reservation where the outbound is about 14 days from check-in, and sure enough there was a link to select my entree. It allowed me to select meals on both of my segments on the outbound that offered meals. A very nice benefit!

The return portion of the reservation is just outside of the 21 day check in window, so most likely this time tomorrow I should have an option to select the return meals.

The annoying glitch that has still not been fixed for me is on itineraries where you have a mixture of cabin classes. Example: I have a 3 segment trip next summer and the cabins are First, First, Delta One. However the passenger name blocks are all red (no purple on the D1 flight). Then the return is the reverse, Delta One, First, First. The name blocks are purple for the D1 flight, then on the two First segments one name is purple and the other is red (neither is DM). The cabin classes (Z) and seat assignments are all correct, so this is just a display issue.

I have seen this on itineraies that include Y and F segments too. Curious how the eBP will display.

emma dog Nov 20, 2019 9:01 pm

I wonder if they made the last seat map so bad to make us think the new one is soooooo good. :)

eneq Nov 20, 2019 9:20 pm

I may be way behind the 8-ball on this one, but has anyone else noticed how the Virgin Atlantic app is almost the exact same as the Delta app? Same skin, just different colors.