FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1990287-delta-app-5-x-opinions-feedback.html)

golfr Oct 13, 2019 5:46 pm

I like it. The mqms and rdms update quickly after you complete the flight as well.

rcpratt Oct 14, 2019 9:02 am

One of the worst app updates I have ever seen. I hope they change it back.

spongenotbob Oct 15, 2019 12:15 pm

I haven’t found anything redeeming in this update. Horrible colors, bright, high-contrast layouts. Seat-map is low-contrast and jitters when scrolling. The whole thing is a mess that is just unpleasant to use.

What a terrible downgrade to what was a great app previously.

In2ishn Oct 15, 2019 1:23 pm

I split my business between UA and DL. I work to keep status on both. The United app is far superior in two ways.

1. I can look at my future flights and see how they affect my qualification standing.

2. They provide me with the reservation numbers of codeshare metal so I can easily pick seats on those flights.

Do that Delta and I will be happy with any outlandish color scheme you choose

BradleyFlyer Oct 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31621125)
Same on Android. "My Trips" frequently comes up alarmingly empty, and even when it doesn't (refreshing it can take a minute or more) tapping into an itinerary to view the details sometimes also takes 1-2 minutes before the info comes up.

Fortunately it does appear that once the info is loaded, it is locally cached for a while, but that cache also expires seemingly at random -- it would suck for this to happen as you were getting ready to board a flight. I'm going with screenshots or paper BPs (use the back side of old printouts of stuff to kill fewer trees)

From the outside looking in it seems like maybe whatever service provides itinerary info must be running slow/degraded, although the idea that DL's system is using a modern microservices architecture is fairly amusing.

This has always been a problem for me, long before the 5.0 app update.

defrosted Oct 15, 2019 1:50 pm

There is no accounting for taste. So no comments from me purely based on what I think looks good. For every person that hates the new colors you can probably find one that loves it.

It seems to do everything the other did, positive and negative. Including, as already mentioned, the refresh cycle that intermittently seems to take forever. And my trips being just asking to search instead of showing my flights.

Also as I just went in to look before commenting, it crashed three times in a row. So it seems a little glitchy as the kids say these days. I sent feedback when it crashed. Wallet sometimes is blank, that seems new.

Tine Rod Oct 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Strangely , I have experienced any of the functionality issues mentioned in the thread.

gooselee Oct 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31621125)
Same on Android. "My Trips" frequently comes up alarmingly empty, and even when it doesn't (refreshing it can take a minute or more) tapping into an itinerary to view the details sometimes also takes 1-2 minutes before the info comes up.

Fortunately it does appear that once the info is loaded, it is locally cached for a while, but that cache also expires seemingly at random -- it would suck for this to happen as you were getting ready to board a flight. I'm going with screenshots or paper BPs (use the back side of old printouts of stuff to kill fewer trees)

From the outside looking in it seems like maybe whatever service provides itinerary info must be running slow/degraded, although the idea that DL's system is using a modern microservices architecture is fairly amusing.

This is exactly the loading (or not loading) behavior I've experienced the last few weeks. Annoying enough that Ive taken to getting paper BPs again if I have time (I also screenshot the mobile BP, but sometimes it rotates while trying to scan and makes the whole process wonky).

defrosted Oct 15, 2019 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee (Post 31632512)
This is exactly the loading (or not loading) behavior I've experienced the last few weeks. Annoying enough that Ive taken to getting paper BPs again if I have time (I also screenshot the mobile BP, but sometimes it rotates while trying to scan and makes the whole process wonky).

I always get a paper boarding pass, in the end I find a real piece of paper more reliable and convenient. As long as I remember to get rid of the ones from the previous trips. I guess I think of the mobile as "backup" if I don't feel like searching for the paper.

socalflying Oct 15, 2019 7:20 pm

For me, I can only open the seat maps about 10% of my tries. The other 90% of the time I get an error message. Annoying.

SeatOfMyPants Oct 16, 2019 2:59 am

Can anyone tell me why some passenger name backgrounds are blue and others red? For instance, my name has a red background on one segment and my daughter's is blue. Another segment it's reversed. On the return we are both red and on the final leg my background and her's are different again. Neither of us have status and have seats right next to each other.

zedthedeadpoet Oct 16, 2019 7:21 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 31601300)
TSA agent complained how small the precheck logo was this am.

Almost as small as the MM logo on the new bag tags...:rolleyes:

CO-PLAT Oct 16, 2019 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer (Post 31611259)
The colors of the BP's are based on cabin now, not status.

I was in C+ today. Blue color boarding pass. 45 minutes prior to departure I was upgraded to 1st. The color remained blue. Segment I flew earlier (when upgraded days in advance) had a pink/red background.

flyerCO Oct 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by CO-PLAT (Post 31635884)
I was in C+ today. Blue color boarding pass. 45 minutes prior to departure I was upgraded to 1st. The color remained blue. Segment I flew earlier (when upgraded days in advance) had a pink/red background.

It should be based on the cabin/zone you're in. Ie purple for D1, red/pinkish for F/PS, blue for C+ and dark blue for Main cabin. Just like when you goto book in the app. When you're looking at D1 the page background is purple for D1, ...

Tine Rod Oct 19, 2019 7:04 am

Ok so my game day trial is coming up and the functionality and performance woes are now showing up at my T120 upgrade window. Any with the seat map and itinerary is extremely slow and wonky. Yikes delta.