Delta App 5.X - Opinions & Feedback

Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I don't mind it overall, I agree that the seat map contrast could be better. The one thing that really annoys me though is that you have to tap through 4 screens just to access the seat map. On the old app this was not the case.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

So it looks like they did a ninja edit to the booking tab. It’s now white on blue background with the flight options broken up instead of a solid white page. 100x better. Hopefully they address the other shortfalls.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Seat maps are a lot harder to understand, not as intuitive.

TSA agent complained how small the precheck logo was this am.

I’m not sure if I feel proud as a DM with a pink/fuschia screen. I’ll go back to my green KM screen.
I wish our boarding pass screen would flash at full brightness pink so everyone else knew a diamond was coming through, so this way I wont have to yell it as I push and shove my way through the unwashed lower tier medallions.
Xeno, PurdueFlyer and Tine Rod like this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I just got the update pushed to my Samsung this morning.

Looks awful -- everything bad about the new website has been replicated on the app
BamaGirl and tearex like this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
The old app worked fine. Wasted time to update the color scheme only, they should've done something useful like have your MM balance visible.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
It’s seems to be about the same functionality as before but wow is that Pink bright. It may be a problem to find a brighter color for 360s
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
WAY too much white space on every page.
DeltaFan4Now and tearex like this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Overall, I find the updates to be nagative. It's harder to quickly read the SKYMILES tab. The fonts are too small. And too much text in a small area.

Also, I don't understand why they didn't add the MM mileage amounts into the app.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
I don't mind it so much, but seems I have to do 2 clicks instead of just 1 to get to the details of my reservation now. It is a bit bright, but not annoyingly so....at least not for me.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:32 pm

I can live with the color scheme and font. I don't see any meaningful change in function, but I probably don't use the app as much as most of you. Are any of the changes in function especially noteworthy?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
On iPhone 6S, the boarding pass QR code on the "Today" screen overlaps passenger name and boarding zone.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richarddd
I can live with the color scheme and font. I don't see any meaningful change in function, but I probably don't use the app as much as most of you. Are any of the changes in function especially noteworthy?
Supposedly the major change is to the today tab. I wont be able to test-drive for another couple weeks.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tine Rod
Supposedly the major change is to the today tab. I wont be able to test-drive for another couple weeks.
I maybe forgetting something, but other than the color change and the wait times tab, there doesn’t seem to be that much different on there.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM
Despite my profile, I’m currently on probationary diamond status (via reclaim my status). On my morning CRJ flight (no first) the color is similar to the old app diamond, a slate blue although a bit more sky blue than the previous app. On my evening return in First, I just checked in and see the pink others have reported. Splitting hairs of elitism, is the color is based on status or class? These colors now carry over to Apple Wallet.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ajggiant
Despite my profile, I’m currently on probationary diamond status (via reclaim my status). On my morning CRJ flight (no first) the color is similar to the old app diamond, a slate blue although a bit more sky blue than the previous app. On my evening return in First, I just checked in and see the pink others have reported. Splitting hairs of elitism, is the color is based on status or class? These colors now carry over to Apple Wallet.
The colors of the BP's are based on cabin now, not status.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.