Wiki Posts
Search

DL AMEX changes - spend by Jan 30th?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
DL AMEX changes - spend by Jan 30th?

I didn’t see this asked or answered anywhere...

Reserve card....If the changes are effective January 30th and my statement closes on Jan. 21st, then if I can put $30k spend on the card by the 21st, do you think I’ll get the 15,000 RDM before they go away?

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:55 am

You would have until 1/29 in my view.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
I didn’t see this asked or answered anywhere...

Reserve card....If the changes are effective January 30th and my statement closes on Jan. 21st, then if I can put $30k spend on the card by the 21st, do you think I’ll get the 15,000 RDM before they go away?

Thanks!
Remember that the posting date is what counts, not the actual date the charge was made. I'd try to do the spend by the 18th to be safe. BTW, don't forget that the three day MLK weekend is around this date (Monday holiday) and it's a federal and bank holiday in the USA.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
I agree that if you can have charges post by your closing date you will definitely get the RDM. My closing date is usually the 10th, so I plan on paying some taxes at the beginning of the year.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
I was wondering the same thing, but I'm not even going to bother. The changes have been bad enough, but watching all the credit card shills bend over backwards on their blogs to call this anything other than a massive devaluation has been sickening.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
I was wondering the same thing, but I'm not even going to bother. The changes have been bad enough, but watching all the credit card shills bend over backwards on their blogs to call this anything other than a massive devaluation has been sickening.
THIS.

Agree 100% that' it's a massive deval, and just insane to watch the blogs including Lucky @ One Mile spin this as a positive. I spend $60k and my net annual fee is going up by about $460 (value of 30k skypesos + $100 af increase). And not one of the positive changes to the card helps me.

I plan on doing $60k by Jan 30th and then canceling the card. Considering moving to biz plat and just dealing with 20k MQMs instead of 30k MQM, but if spending on large transactions only my effective cost per RDM is going to go way down with biz plat getting 1.5 mile per dollar and with a much lower annual fee.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Originally Posted by EchoVictor
THIS.

Agree 100% that' it's a massive deval, and just insane to watch the blogs including Lucky @ One Mile spin this as a positive. I spend $60k and my net annual fee is going up by about $460 (value of 30k skypesos + $100 af increase). And not one of the positive changes to the card helps me.

I plan on doing $60k by Jan 30th and then canceling the card. Considering moving to biz plat and just dealing with 20k MQMs instead of 30k MQM, but if spending on large transactions only my effective cost per RDM is going to go way down with biz plat getting 1.5 mile per dollar and with a much lower annual fee.
I agree. This is a serious devaluation, and they're increasing the annual fee....
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by EchoVictor
THIS.

Yah, thinking of it as a $460 increase is really sobering. Well, I don't have GE yet, so I'll convince myself it's only a $360 increase. Until year two, when it will be $460.

Or maybe it's better to think of it as saving $25 a year with GE. Ok, I'll say it's a $435 per year increase, now if feels much better.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by daloosh
Yah, thinking of it as a $460 increase is really sobering. Well, I don't have GE yet, so I'll convince myself it's only a $360 increase. Until year two, when it will be $460.

Or maybe it's better to think of it as saving $25 a year with GE. Ok, I'll say it's a $435 per year increase, now if feels much better.
Many of us get GE application fees reimbursed by other cards, such as the regular AmEx Plat/Centurion charge card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.