Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Passenger With No ID Or Boarding Pass Sneaks Onto DL Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger With No ID Or Boarding Pass Sneaks Onto DL Flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Randomness
I was wondering if Marilyn Hartman had somehow made it to Orlando!
Originally Posted by Lehava
Wondered the same
Exactly my thought. Wonder if it's the insane wacko Marilyn Hartman again? She should have been jailed or institutionalized for life a long time ago I have zero sympathy or care in situations like this. Here's the backstory on Hartmann. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/22/u...are-plane.html

I'd bet $100 it's her again, sounds like her M.O.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Exactly my thought. Wonder if it's the insane wacko Marilyn Hartman again? She should have been jailed or institutionalized for life a long time ago I have zero sympathy or care in situations like this. Here's the backstory on Hartmann. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/22/u...are-plane.html

Right now, she is on her probation. She already went to the court by last 6 months ago. She back on the news again. She accepted apology for cause her problem. She already sentenced 18 months on her probation. As long if she behave well. She understands that she can’t go to an airports anymore.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by AvalancheDog
This makes me more resentful of the 17 times this year, I've been 'randomly' beeped or stopped for additional security even though: 1) I'm Clear; 2) TSA PreCheck; 3) Renewed PreCheck Online in January.
I don't know why having clear would have any impact on this, nor why when you paid for precheck matter at all.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Doesn't clear use an eye scan as your id? Or am I confusing it with a different program?
But you still have to produce a presumably valid boarding pass when using clear.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
At larger airports they always had a person make you show ticket, ID before you could even enter the security line. They really didn’t look that closely at the ticket.
Years back you couldn’t even access a terminal concourse if you weren’t flying out of that facility.
Remember the move Airport how Helen Hayes got on that plane. That was way before 9/11.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by squarlesintheair
I don’t think you actually need any photo ID to get through TSA. It just requires more screening. I’ve been through using a void photo ID a few times without an issue. Just some extra paperwork and you’re good to go.

Also I’ve witnessed people not properly get scanned on to a flight when the boarding process gets hectic due to gate lice.

This is what happens when you pay bottom of the barrel wages and get bottom of the barrel employees or people do not give a damn.
I might give you the "don't give a damn" but, as for wages at Delta and employees....not "bottom of the barrel" by any means.
Thanks for trying though.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Years back you couldn’t even access a terminal concourse if you weren’t flying out of that facility.
Huh? Pre 9-11 you could enter the concourse if you weren't traveling. You would just pass through security as if you were a passenger. Used to do it many times picking up/dropping off friends/relatives.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott
Originally Posted by OHDL1
I might give you the "don't give a damn" but, as for wages at Delta and employees....not "bottom of the barrel" by any means.
Thanks for trying though.
Mainly referring to TSA and non red coats but okay, I’ll bite. What’s the average salary for a red coat?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 7:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
With CLEAR, the machine recognizes you without a boarding pass and your flight info pops up on the screen now. I'm not sure you would need to have a physical boarding pass to go through security with CLEAR, just a ticket for travel that day at the airport, especially if you weren't claiming to have PreCheck. You definitely do not normally show an ID with CLEAR.

ADDED: Just today the CLEAR machine didn't require a boarding pass barcode scan. I had my boarding pass in hand, but it didn't seem to matter as everything popped up on the CLEAR screen.

The point is that at least some people can get through TSA airport security without having either a (physical) ID or a boarding pass, although presumably the boarding pass (or an electronic version) is needed at the gate to board.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 6, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
With CLEAR, the machine recognizes you without a boarding pass and your flight info pops up on the screen now. I'm not sure you would need to have a physical boarding pass to go through security with CLEAR, just a ticket for travel that day at the airport, especially if you weren't claiming to have PreCheck. You definitely do not normally show an ID with CLEAR.

ADDED: Just today the CLEAR machine didn't require a boarding pass barcode scan. I had my boarding pass in hand, but it didn't seem to matter as everything popped up on the CLEAR screen.

The point is that at least some people can get through TSA airport security without having either a (physical) ID or a boarding pass, although presumably the boarding pass (or an electronic version) is needed at the gate to board.
Last time I flew out of ATL, the Clear agent at line entrance wouldn't let you walk into the line without showing. I pointed out I've had to do that before (use at SAT/AUS all the time without showing) and was rather rudely informed they're required to see it.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
As much as I want to be annoyed with the gate agents, and the TSA... I can't really. This person didn't seem to have malicious intent (have weapons, ect) nor did the flight take off. So other than inconvenience to pax, what real harm happened?

Don't get me wrong, it shouldn't have happened, but it seems to be an overreaction.

Also I can see someone, usually a DYKWIA acting like they own the place and marching down the jetway despite the GA protesting. The GA may have noticed and was planning on dealing with it. As much as I hate to defend the GA in ATL, it seems to me that they should be given the benefit of the doubt.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
Huh? Pre 9-11 you could enter the concourse if you weren't traveling. You would just pass through security as if you were a passenger. Used to do it many times picking up/dropping off friends/relatives.
And before that, there wasn't any security checkpoint at all.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by squarlesintheair
Mainly referring to TSA and non red coats but okay, I’ll bite. What’s the average salary for a red coat?
https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...alary-by-State

$50k is not bad for barely skilled labor.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by mridley2
https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salarie...alary-by-State

$50k is not bad for barely skilled labor.
The 50k is the average salary according to zip recruiter — not particularly accurate. And ziprecruiter is not really that reliable.

Bureau of Labor Statistics has a different mean, that of $40,960.

https://www.bls.gov/oes/2017/may/oes339093.htm

You can look at the USAgov site to look at salaries.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo

No, she is not going anywhere. She didn’t go to airports. She still in Chicago. Where she stay at A Safe Haven. She is not going to sneaks on a plane again. She understands that she can’t go to an airports anymore, she already accepted apologize for cause her problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.