Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid C+ upgrade on SEA-ICN worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Paid C+ upgrade on SEA-ICN worth it?

I'm being offered upgrades for $39 each way. Is it worth it to pay for the upgrade? I'm on a U fare outbound and L fare return and I have silver medallion status.

FWIW, upgrade to PS is $499 each way, but that's out of my price range.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How long are your legs?

Middle versus aisle/window seat, in regular coach and in C+?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Not very long. I'm 5' 11'. I never have problems domestically.

The seat picker says I can get an aisle in either cabin. I'm currently in 37H on an A330neo.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL
You should verify because I’m not 100%, but I believe upgrading to W class (C+) allows you to mileage upgrade to Delta One for only 45k miles per way, which might be attractive.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dlflyer00
You should verify because I’m not 100%, but I believe upgrading to W class (C+) allows you to mileage upgrade to Delta One for only 45k miles per way, which might be attractive.
I don't think that's right. It costs 45,000 RDMs TPAC to upgrade from PS to D1.

Moreover, paying the seat fee wouldn't change the underlying coach fare class AFAIK, just like IIRC the C+ fares have an underlying coach fare basis.
manacit likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: DL DM
Just flew SEA-ICN in C+ last month. Is the recline and extra legroom worth it? Let's say neither is very noticeable. Maybe more recline than legroom. However you have first choice on beverages and meals. And slightly more personalized service. For $39 each way I would say it is definitely worth it. You board sooner and deplane sooner. No amenity kit as I have seen in the past. And you get the same pillow and blanket in Y. But overall it is a slight improvement than traditional Y.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
$39 is a drop in the bucket. For such a long flight, I'd do it.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.