Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread: DL Breast Cancer Awareness Month Q&A

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc

Just curious if anybody has seen what is the gifts for donating in the sky clubs for breast cancer month?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Just curious if anybody has seen what is the gifts for donating in the sky clubs for breast cancer month?
The real gift is helping to save lives.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Past years, a can of pink lemonade.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
The real gift is helping to save lives.
I wholeheartedly agree with that
Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Past years, a can of pink lemonade.
The can of lemonade along with some other pink item are sold each year. (Bag strap, etc)
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Has anyone seen pink uniforms (or parts of DL uniforms) in the wild yet this year?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Has anyone seen pink uniforms (or parts of DL uniforms) in the wild yet this year?
Saw a full pink sheath dress this evening for an off-duty FA catching a flight at DTW. It was gorgeous.

Gate agent also had a pink Delta logo accented tie and pocket hankerchief.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:27 pm

In addition, there was a bicycle in the DTW main skyclub, only saw a table with pink balloons in the RDU skyclub.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tearex
In addition, there was a bicycle in the DTW main skyclub, only saw a table with pink balloons in the RDU skyclub.
A bicycle? You mean someone was riding around the lounge trying to collect donations and sell pink stuff? I'm shocked that the lounge even had enough room for a unicycle to get through the crowds.

BTW, was the bicycle pink?

Also, BTW, has anyone spotted the traditional pink livery DL aircraft?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:58 pm

Bartender in phx hadn’t received the supplies for her drinks yet, but she improvised and made a couple of lovely looking pink libations. One with vodka and another with bubbly. She is a delight and thoughtful.
MSPeconomist and puck021 like this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I still have a luggage tag from several years ago. I was also able to get my hands on a pink tie and pocket square.

-J.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:55 pm

A bicycle? You mean someone was riding around the lounge trying to collect donations and sell pink stuff? I'm shocked that the lounge even had enough room for a unicycle to get through the crowds.

Yes a bicycle. I didn't look too hard at it as I was in a rush, but it was about kid sized, leaning against one of the columns near the top of the escalators and roped off. I don't recall if the bike itself was pink, but there was definitely something pink about it - I think it had pink christmas lights kind of strung around it. I admit I was a bit puzzled about it - nothing else in the lounge was really pink and I don't recall seeing any other tables/areas/signage to solicit donations.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
Yes a bicycle. I didn't look too hard at it as I was in a rush, but it was about kid sized, leaning against one of the columns near the top of the escalators and roped off. I don't recall if the bike itself was pink, but there was definitely something pink about it - I think it had pink christmas lights kind of strung around it. I admit I was a bit puzzled about it - nothing else in the lounge was really pink and I don't recall seeing any other tables/areas/signage to solicit donations.
That sounds cute with the pink lights, but I'm afraid I'm missing the connection between bicycles and breast cancer.

Pictures anyone?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards

I flew one back from Madrid last week but didn’t snap a pic. I feel dumb now. In my defense I was in a hurry to board as I needed bin space
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
That sounds cute with the pink lights, but I'm afraid I'm missing the connection between bicycles and breast cancer.

Pictures anyone?
They both start with the letter B. Otherwise... confused as well.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.