Search

VS Y+ Credit on DL Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
VS Y+ Credit on DL Question

Howdy Folks,

I'm looking at doing a mileage run on VS (LAX-LHR-TLV) in November. They're having a sale on PE, but there is a discrepancy between the fare code and booking class. The fare code is O and the booking class is K. This seems to be a recurring issue because VS has two different fare buckets for PE. My question is: has anyone done one of these discrepancy fares and had issues getting Delta to award the miles as a K fare and not an O fare?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:30 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I wonder if you'll be able to confirm the booking.
I suspect you'll get credited for the booking class that you purchase, not anything more.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fare basis code and Booking Class frequently are not the same. DL does the same thing with their Basic Economy, Comfort+, and domestic F fares (fare basis codes start with coach fare classes, but they book into a different booking class). They perform a dual inventory check when booking (there must be inventory in both the underlying coach class bucket of the fare and the booking class itself). I've flown both PE and Economy Delight on VS a number of times and have had no issues with getting the correct credit. VS Economy Delight fares all use coach class fare basis codes, but they all book into V booking class. Their PE fares are mixed. W/S/H fares use the same fare basis code as the booking class. K fares use coach class fare basis codes and have a /DIF ticket designator on them to distinguish them from the coach booking classes.
eneq likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 1, 2019 at 6:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.