Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Won't Let Me Pick and Emergency Exit Seat When I Paid for Comfort+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

I suppose this makes sense - they are treating it as if it was a separate cabin. But a pain nonetheless.

I just booked a Skymiles reservation. I chose Comfort+ which was a little cheaper than main cabin (yup, not a typo.) But, when I try to select an exit row seat, it won't let me, tells me I can only select Comfort+.

I know, first world problems, but still a pain.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I suppose this makes sense - they are treating it as if it was a separate cabin. But a pain nonetheless.

I just booked a Skymiles reservation. I chose Comfort+ which was a little cheaper than main cabin (yup, not a typo.) But, when I try to select an exit row seat, it won't let me, tells me I can only select Comfort+.

I know, first world problems, but still a pain.
If you call in and speak with an agent, they should be able to assign you the seat you want.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you traveling with someone (on the same flight, not necessarily the same PNR) that's under 15 or has special needs? Either one would disqualify you for exit row seating.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you traveling with someone (on the same flight, not necessarily the same PNR) that's under 15 or has special needs? Either one would disqualify you for exit row seating.
Travelling by myself - and it's been quite a while since I've been under 15.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Due to the seating automation surrounding the C+ "cabin", I suspect that no DL agent will be able to assign you an exit row seat in advance given a flight ticketed in C+. My guess is that the only person who might be able to do it is a gate agent on DoD.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
If exit row isn't part of C+ than nothing OP can do online. Simply system sees it as wrong cabin. OP can call in and an agent can put him in a lower cabin. May be a pain for agent to do.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Unfortunately exit rows are mostly considered preferred seats, not C+ seats (depends on equipment...757 entry door seats are both). You may be able to get a phone agent to 'downgrade' you to the available seat, but won't be able to do it online.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Note to self: Check C+ seats (on your particular aircraft) before paying for C+.

BTW, when elites are automatically "upgraded" into C+, it seems pretty easy for DM phone agents to revoke the upgrade and assign a seat the customer wants.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Note to self: Check C+ seats (on your particular aircraft) before paying for C+.
This was a Skymiles ticket - the Comfort+ ticket was 6,500 miles cheaper than the "main cabin" ticket for the same flights. I'm FO (Million Miler), so would get the preferred seats for free, but I guess I'll stay with the cheaper Comfort+ seats and save the 6,500 miles (still within the 24-hour cancellation period.)
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Twitter of phone are the quickest (only?) ways to fix this bug. Always check open seats before letting it 'upgrade' you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.