Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No snack basket in Delta premium select

No snack basket in Delta premium select

Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Snacks should be available for PS. I don't know what the policy is, but there *should* be basic snacks available in the galley, at least the same type that coach has.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Snacks should be available for PS. I don't know what the policy is, but there *should* be basic snacks available in the galley, at least the same type that coach has.
Does PS have its own dedicated galley in every aircraft that has a PS cabin? There could be the logistic problem of obviously not wanting PS passengers to enter the D1 cabin to get snacks but also not wanting to provide PS snacks in a place where they can be grabbed by C+ or even coach passengers.

OTOH, I don't see any reason that someone in PS couldn't go to a C+ or coach galley to claim a snack (assuming that aisles are free of carts) except for the TSA rule that passengers are to stay in their own cabins on flights to the USA. Alternatively, if you know what you want, use the call button to ask a FA to bring a bag of potato chips or nuts or a banana etc.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does PS have its own dedicated galley in every aircraft that has a PS cabin? There could be the logistic problem of obviously not wanting PS passengers to enter the D1 cabin to get snacks but also not wanting to provide PS snacks in a place where they can be grabbed by C+ or even coach passengers.

OTOH, I don't see any reason that someone in PS couldn't go to a C+ or coach galley to claim a snack (assuming that aisles are free of carts) except for the TSA rule that passengers are to stay in their own cabins on flights to the USA. Alternatively, if you know what you want, use the call button to ask a FA to bring a bag of potato chips or nuts or a banana etc.

I believe that there is a galley dividing PS from D1 on all of the a/c that currently have PS. It may be that this is where D1 snacks are being displayed on some a/c, thought IME the D1 snacks are nothing fancy and so I see no reason why they couldn't just offer the same snacks to both cabins.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I usually find D1 snacks in the front galley, ever since the last 747s flew into the sunset (where snacks were at the back of the upper deck), although I guess the snacks would have been in the front and middle galley in the old 777 with the largish second D1 cabin. Usually there are a couple fairly nice items (compared to domestic FC snack baskets), including sometimes fancy nuts and good chips, plus there can be imported cookies etc.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I've seen the snack basket in addition to the meal served in C+ on DCA-LAX-DCA. It's normally not as extensive as the D1/F basket.
I can't speak for other transcon routes that have meal service.

On a non-meal route, for comparison, there was a nicely stocked snack basket on SMF-ATL in C+ yesterday. The FA's even came around with it twice in addition to the food for purchase. Actually a great group of FA's, They did the first service, coffee/water twice and then another beverage service an hour before landing.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I usually find D1 snacks in the front galley
It does seem like most of the a/c now have a main galley and then a very small "galley" on the other side of the cabin that is really just a beverage station like in the front of the A330 which is where snacks are served.

I am surprised that DL did not build in a small snack station into the PS cabins like VS has. It's such a small thing to do and really adds a nicer feeling.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by DCAproducer
I've seen the snack basket in addition to the meal served in C+ on DCA-LAX-DCA. It's normally not as extensive as the D1/F basket.
I can't speak for other transcon routes that have meal service.

On a non-meal route, for comparison, there was a nicely stocked snack basket on SMF-ATL in C+ yesterday. The FA's even came around with it twice in addition to the food for purchase. Actually a great group of FA's, They did the first service, coffee/water twice and then another beverage service an hour before landing.
On long domestic flights with a meal, sometimes C+ seems to get a better snack basket than FC and it's offered more frequently. On some of these flights, FC passengers are invited to pick over the C+ leftovers or offered the C+ basket if there's a problem with their meal or they decline the available meals.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.