Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FA gave me hug and 15,000 miles after meal choice ran out

FA gave me hug and 15,000 miles after meal choice ran out

Old Sep 26, 19, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PP
Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
I accepted (young and easy on the eyes, so why not)
What, so if the FA was old or ugly you would have rejected the hug?
Old Sep 26, 19, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Doesn't everyone travel with eye shades, for example from a previous D1 amenity kit?
Or since they were in D1, the current amenity kit?
Old Sep 26, 19, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer View Post
Or since they were in D1, the current amenity kit?
I don't know what's in the D1 domestic amenity kit, so I would bring my own eyeshades anyway. Those of us in flyover country don't get domestic D1 flights.
Old Sep 26, 19, 1:57 pm

Doesn't everyone travel with eye shades, for example from a previous D1 amenity kit?
To answer everyone's question, they didn't say they couldn't turn off the lights until we pushed back. I didn't have my eyeshades with me because they were in my luggage as I didn't think I'd need them. And they ran out of amenity kits. So there you go.
Old Sep 26, 19, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Originally Posted by rucksack View Post
What, so if the FA was old or ugly you would have rejected the hug?
I would not but young and cute always helps imho
Old Sep 26, 19, 2:20 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sonkie23 View Post
To answer everyone's question, they didn't say they couldn't turn off the lights until we pushed back. I didn't have my eyeshades with me because they were in my luggage as I didn't think I'd need them. And they ran out of amenity kits. So there you go.
Was it the lights just over your seat (as I had understood previously) or the lights over all of the D1 seats on the aircraft?

Normally you turn the lights over your seat on and off yourself, assuming you mean the reading lights.
Old Sep 26, 19, 2:24 pm

Was it the lights just over your seat (as I had understood previously) or the lights over all of the D1 seats on the aircraft?

Normally you turn the lights over your seat on and off yourself, assuming you mean the reading lights.
Just mine. I was in row 4 and at the window. The lights all along the ceiling above the window. And the reading light. There was some short that they couldn't fix without delaying the aircraft. They just didn't tell me til we pushed back. I, of course, would never have expected them to delay the plane. It really isn't that big of a deal. I was sharing more as an amusing anecdote. Not to create controversy.
Old Sep 26, 19, 2:25 pm
formerly B7e7US
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott Gold, Thalys Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz PC, Other shiny cards
Originally Posted by nrr View Post
When I flew AA in FC many of their pre-selected meals were just mediocre choices for me; the for pay “stuff” in Y was better IMHO, they would give it to me for free. Does DL allow this?
Tried once and the purser was nice enough to bring me the menu from Y and allowed me to choose a salad which wasn't bad at all. Another time I gave up my F seat to sit with my spouse in C+ and the FA went to C+ and offered me a menu item as well.
Old Sep 26, 19, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR View Post
I would not but young and cute always helps imho
For both the hugger and the huggee.
Old Sep 27, 19, 2:12 am

Programs: BA, Alaska, AA, KLM, Delta
My wife would not have approved of the hug...
Old Sep 27, 19, 7:13 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
young and easy on the eyes
This is not an appropriate way describe a service employee in 2019. They are there to perform a job, not be anyone’s eye candy.
Old Sep 27, 19, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMEX Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
This is not an appropriate way describe a service employee in 2019. They are there to perform a job, not be anyone’s eye candy.
I figured this could come up

1) The comment was put in there to inject some levity into the post

2) The FA did her job in encouraging customer loyalty

Search this Thread
Search Engine: