Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The oldest aircraft in the current fleet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The oldest aircraft in the current fleet?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Plat, National Executive
Seeing that picture in the post above of the 905 just reminds me how nostalgic I am to the old branding. Was just an 11 year old then building commercial airline models (weirdo! lol) and remember how exciting it was to get to go to a real hobby store (almost all dead now) and pick out the liveries of just about any airline out there - the ones you had to put in water. Just loved that Delta look.

Anyway, nothing to do with this thread, carry on
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by charlesdemar
... Was just an 11 year old then building commercial airline models (weirdo! lol) and remember how exciting it was to get to go to a real hobby store (almost all dead now) and pick out the liveries of just about any airline out there - the ones you had to put in water. Just loved that Delta look.

Anyway, nothing to do with this thread, carry on
you would probably enjoy some of the discussion and photos in the Old Timers’ Airline and Airliner Discussion thread
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Plat, National Executive
Originally Posted by jrl767
you would probably enjoy some of the discussion and photos in the Old Timers’ Airline and Airliner Discussion thread
Epic, never even saw that - thanks for sharing, friend!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by jrl767
There are also a few groups on Facebook with great photos of the "good ol' days." AIRLINERS FROM THE PAST and DC-9 Fan Club are a couple of them.

-J.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by charlesdemar
Epic, never even saw that - thanks for sharing, friend!
feel free to join in ... we’re always glad to have a new voice in the conversation

I stumbled on it about 5 years ago, and it contains probably 2/3 of my post count

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.