Wiki Posts
Search

AUS-AMS nonstop starting May 4

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
AUS-AMS nonstop starting May 4

Was just searching for AUS-DEL next year and stumbled upon these flights! Just confirmed by TPG

VERY excited about this!

https://thepointsguy.com/news/klm-pi...sterdam-route/
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The AUS-AMS nonstop flight will be operated by KLM, not DL, although it's likely be offered as a DL codeshare as part of the JV. I don't see an indication of aircraft type.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The AUS-AMS nonstop flight will be operated by KLM, not DL, although it's likely be offered as a DL codeshare as part of the JV. I don't see an indication of aircraft type.
Airbus A330-300 per the other articles that have announced the service.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Interesting choice. You'd think that Delta would want to strengthen their brand in AUS by offering a TATL on their own metal.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:48 am
Original Poster

The SkyClub folks have heard rumblings of a TATL since they opened, but always heard it would be KL or AF...
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WWads
Interesting choice. You'd think that Delta would want to strengthen their brand in AUS by offering a TATL on their own metal.
It doesn't matter who operates the flight. DL and KLM split revenue and costs.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WWads
DL might not have a spare airplane of appropriate size/range/cargo capacity to dedicate to the route.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
The SkyClub folks have heard rumblings of a TATL since they opened, but always heard it would be KL or AF...
It is on KL. Wish it was the 787 instead of A330. Even with the last A330 J upgrade done, it still lags behind. I don't know why with how long it took that the last few A330 didn't get the same seat as the 787.

FWIW VS recently published a list of future expansion plans, and AUS was on the list. The list includes expansion plans over the next decade, so there's nothing solid one way or the other to it. However, was nice to see AUS getting some love.
DeltaFan4Now and RobtheAggie like this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:49 pm

IIRC. when Delta had TV stations tour their new club they said they were targeting Austin for expansion. Nice to see another option for a nonstop to Europe, really hate having to connect somewhere after a long flight.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I'm glad to see it! It's nice to have an option to get to Europe nonstop on SkyTeam. IAH was an option, but AUS is less than half the distance from SAT. I wonder how crowded the brand new Sky Club will be.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mattp1987
I'm glad to see it! It's nice to have an option to get to Europe nonstop on SkyTeam. IAH was an option, but AUS is less than half the distance from SAT. I wonder how crowded the brand new Sky Club will be.
Even better for me as I live out in the Cibolo area along I10 in Guadalupe County. Toll TX130 means I can get to AUS sometimes just as quick as SAT.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Plat, National Executive
Proud of my co-worker on helping make this happen! He's on the ABIA committee and was key on getting this in front of the council for consideration.

Last edited by charlesdemar; Sep 24, 2019 at 5:22 pm
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It doesn't matter who operates the flight. DL and KLM split revenue and costs.
Right! It doesn't matter! Whatever they want. It's their choice.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Delta codeshares for AUS-AMS-AUS released today:

AUS-AMS is DL9267 (KL668)
AMS-AUS is DL8206 (KL667)

cant wait to get on these flights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.