Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX not giving me points on Delta Gold Business

Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Back in June, AMEX had elevated offers for the Delta cards, so me and my gf both applied for both Delta Gold Bussiness and Delta Platnium Business. I've met both the Gold and Platnium card welcome offer and got 162k delta miles in my account. My gf met both Gold and Platnium welcome offer but only got the Platnium miles and not the Gold. When she contacted AMEX via chat, one person said to just wait for statment close, one says to wait 6-8 weeks. Then one said it was a known issue for Delta cards and he has elevated the issue. On all the other cards, once the min spend was made, we got the points after 2 or 3 days, for my gf's Delta Gold bussiness its been 2 weeks. What should we do? We both never had any delta cards before. My gf only has the SPG card before this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL DM
Assuming you've already verified your gf was eligible for the bonus on the Gold, just be patient. It took 4 weeks for me to receive my recent DL Plat bonus RDMs and 6 weeks to receive the MQMs.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eneq
Assuming you've already verified your gf was eligible for the bonus on the Gold, just be patient. It took 4 weeks for me to receive my recent DL Plat bonus RDMs and 6 weeks to receive the MQMs.

Yea they told me to be patient, but ever other bonus i got came right away, infact, we both finished the Gold at the same week, and mine posted after 3 days. So i'm just a little worried.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have there been any returns/credits on the account or purchases that might appear to be ineligible?

Also, do you have a genuine business to be eligible for business cards?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Have there been any returns/credits on the account or purchases that might appear to be ineligible?

Also, do you have a genuine business to be eligible for business cards?
No returns, one credit of the 50 bucks credit after delta purchase. Nothing that i would think is inelibile charges. Even AMEX said she is eligilable. Her family owns a restuant which she is co owner on paper.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tanlee07
No returns, one credit of the 50 bucks credit after delta purchase. Nothing that i would think is inelibile charges. Even AMEX said she is eligilable. Her family owns a restuant which she is co owner on paper.
Is she over the threshold after the $50 credit?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Is she over the threshold after the $50 credit?
Yes over the threshold, even AMEX said she is qualified for the welcome offer.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Have you double-checked that Amex didn't unexpectedly create a new SkyMiles account number for the GF DL Amex Biz Gold card?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnbp
Have you double-checked that Amex didn't unexpectedly create a new SkyMiles account number for the GF DL Amex Biz Gold card?
Good question. No they didn't and i would have noticed too. Both Gold and Platnium card showed the same miles the whole time, and i just opened the account to check and both skymiles account # are the same.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL DM
Sounds like its just taking a while then. I wouldn't worry too much. There have been a lot of recent data points saying AMEX has been slow awarding the bonus miles.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Business
Eligible
Ineligible
Platinum
Restaurant

Sorry I am in my former teacher mode.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eneq
Sounds like its just taking a while then. I wouldn't worry too much. There have been a lot of recent data points saying AMEX has been slow awarding the bonus miles.
Yea i'm just worrying here, with 4 cards, and 4 bonuses, its gonna be 300k delta miles which we are using for our trip to asia next year. But this is the first time its been this slow.

Originally Posted by shmom
Business
Eligible
Ineligible
Platinum
Restaurant

Sorry I am in my former teacher mode.
haha i am one of those engrs who has horrible spelling espeically when typing these things. You should see emails from my work, i can forgive my non native english co workers, but don't know how my native english speaking co workers get by with much worst spelling and grammer than me
shmom likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by tanlee07
Yea i'm just worrying here, with 4 cards, and 4 bonuses, its gonna be 300k delta miles which we are using for our trip to asia next year. But this is the first time its been this slow.

haha i am one of those engrs who has horrible spelling espeically when typing these things. You should see emails from my work, i can forgive my non native english co workers, but don't know how my native english speaking co workers get by with much worst spelling and grammer than me
"Espeiacally" "much worst spelling and grammer than me"?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

"Espeiacally" "much worst spelling and grammer than me"?

haha i got no shame
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Ok just an update, my gf's account on the gold delta business card just got the bonus points posted yesterday was her statement closing date. 5 days longer than the other cards. I was worried for nothing. thanks everyone!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.